Thinkin about buyin the 50 watt. Its a tube amp that seems pretty good. What else is out there and stuff? Sorry im new to the whole gear thing.
It's not a tube amp.

Edit: still a decent amp.
30 watt version if you don't need the headroom (which you probably don't) or wait until the new ones come out.
What is your budget? What kind of music do you like to play?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I've got the 50watt one.
If you're gigging and don't have a great deal of cash it's an excellent choice.
I actually have a question about this amp, will it be loud enough with a distortion pedal running through the clean setting?
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Loud enough for what?

And why would you want to do that anyway? It already has good on-board distortion.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Tommy Walker
It's not a tube amp.

Edit: still a decent amp.
30 watt version if you don't need the headroom (which you probably don't) or wait until the new ones come out.

It's hybrid, just to say.

And they're awesome amps really, it's like the less metal version of the Roland Cubes; doesn't do metal as good, but does cleaner stuff better, in my opinion.

And they give a really nice AC30 tone aswell!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I was looking at these as a step up from a 30w MGDFX. If I remember correctly there's a bunch of modelling stuff and effects on there as well as the usual dials to get your own sound.

Valve in the pre-amp stage or something with these like the AVT series?
They have a pre-amp valve in the power amp stage, unlike the AVT. That an amp is a hybrid doesn't really mean much though, the AVTs sound bad even though they are hybrids.

It's a great amp for what it costs, imo better at everything than the all mighty Roland Cube. It is loud enough for band practice and gigging. It's one of the few hybrid amps that don't sound like horse bile when you crank the volume. Not as good as a tube amp, but it gets the job done. The 50 watt version also has a bigger speaker than the smaller ones, which gives you a better bass response, which is especially nice for rock and metal.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

What do you guys mean by hybrid? I thought it was a tube amp with pre-amp settings :O
Quote by ToalNOOB
What do you guys mean by hybrid? I thought it was a tube amp with pre-amp settings :O

It has a tube preamp and solid state power amp, if I'm not mistaken.

I have an AD30VT, and it is absolutely great! Perfect for bedroom playing, but the 50 watt combo or 100 watt cab would be great for gigging.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
BUY IT, i would trust my life to that amp (the 50 watt). Best amp you can buy for 400 dollars. Its built like a tank and its loud as ****, plenty for gigging. Also its half tube half solid state, so you get a really clear tone and a lot of head room. It has a ton of built in features as well. Im basically a spokesman for that damn amp.
Quote by schtick_bomb
BUY IT, i would trust my life to that amp (the 50 watt). Best amp you can buy for 400 dollars. Its built like a tank and its loud as ****, plenty for gigging. Also its half tube half solid state, so you get a really clear tone and a lot of head room. It has a ton of built in features as well. Im basically a spokesman for that damn amp.

Is there a website where I can find the settings for songs and stuff?
It has a tube preamp and solid state power amp, if I'm not mistaken.

Actually it has a preamp tube in the power amp, a single 12AX7 and the 50 watter is very loud but make sure you get the new VT model as it has twice the amount of amp models and reverb as a seperate effect, god knows why they didn't do this with the AD series!

If you want to hear what an AD50VT sounds like check out my YouTube channel (http://au.youtube.com/user/guitarnoize), all of my videos are direct out from the amp so not actually using the tube, when I practice with my band and crank it up using the tube it sounds way way better!

Check out Vox's site for amp settings (toneroom) or Valvetronix.net mentioned above.
I have the AD30VT and its a GREAT little amp. The 50 watt should be sufficient for gigs, as my 30 watt one is not. The speaker is too small for the big bass the amp produces and the sound still suffers when turned up loud, but DEFINITELY not as bad as any old SS amp. Quite impressive really.

I should have gotten the 50 watt!
Guitarnoize, just watched your cover of the extremist, unbelievable good
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by guitarnoize
Hi there Bendybaws thanks man, appreciate the compliment!

You earned it
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Dude, this amp is AWESOME!
I tried it at a music store today and i loved it!

The Ac 30 model is great! and so are all the others.
Quote by TheQuailman
It's a great amp for what it costs, imo better at everything than the all mighty Roland Cube.

I found it to be way to untight for modern metal. It's definately better for cleans, classic rock and shred than the Cube.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I've got the AD30VT and a Marshall MG30DFX, which I suppose would be the marshall equivalent.

The vox of course has the modelling + more effects + tube in the circuit (somewhere!) and is very verstaile and loud - fine for practising with a drummer etc and small gigs plating rock/blues.

Thing is, after 18months I am really starting to crave an all tube amp again - I miss the sound and the simplicity. That's the good thing about the marshall (even tho it's solid state), there is an air of plug-and-go about it and it always sounds good. The vox requires a bit more tweaking to get the tones I'm after.

Dont get me wrong, I think this is a great little amp and when I started playing this would have been a Godsend. Maybe I'm just too long in the tooth to get my head around onboard FX in an amp - I only use the reverb or the compression now.

It's also my first top paneled amp - I doubt I'll get another, they are a pain in the arse! You can't just glance over to see what your settings are + even when playing at home sitting down I have to wear my strap so that I can stand up and tweek the knob without putting the guitar down!

I'm probably going to get a valve jnr head to fill the hole in my vox and keep it going for a bit longer to get the mileage out of the celestion g10 I wanged in it.

If you have not been playing too long (say less than a year or 2) then this is a GREAT practise amp that will also give you a taste of the different FX and amp tones for next to nothing.

If you are getting serious and getting regular gigs etc, then this may not be for you. Using the footswitch gives you the choice of channel1/channel 2 and to turn an FX on or off which I would personally find very limiting at a gig
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald