First heard of this group through the Rolling Stones modern day guitar hero article and when I looked into them for myself I was amazed at the level quality music this band makes, I mean I never much cared for Australian music despite the few exceptions but these guys capture something uniquely Australian in their sound and still manage to be entertaining not to mention the sheer skill of the guitar playing!

So anyway heres some suggested songs and albums and by the way if you like Neil Young, The Velvet Underground or Nick Cave then give these guys a listen please!

Albums:
-Here Come the Lies
-Wait Long by the River and the Bodies of Your Enemies Will Float By
-The Miller's Daughter
-Gala Mill
-Havilah

First Listening:
-Sharkfin Blues (this is easily one of their best songs)
-The Minotour
-Baby
-I Am the Supercargo
-Oh My
-You Really Don't Care

It's actually really hard to find downloads so I suggest you take a gamble and purchase the albums also heres an official myspace band page,

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42146365
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
Last edited by volcom_sk8_rock at Nov 10, 2008,
I really love their music.

Great Aussie band, I need some albums..

I'm tossing up weather to see them at BDO over Serj Tankian, My Morning Jacket.
Yeah The Drones & Nick Cave are easily my two most favourite Australian artists and if I was to see those two live together I would die happy. If Anyone here doesnt know who The Drones are please just try listening to their music dont dismiss them as just another Australian band because they are so much more.
Quote by volcom_sk8_rock
Yeah The Drones & Nick Cave are easily my two most favourite Australian artists and if I was to see those two live together I would die happy. If Anyone here doesnt know who The Drones are please just try listening to their music dont dismiss them as just another Australian band because they are so much more.

Nick Cave is just brilliant.

I was i was 18.
then I'd be able to see The Drones and Nick Cave.
I'm currently listening to Jezebel at the moment. It's beautiful and so uncomfortable at the same time. I LOVE the lyrics to this song, i'm gonna check out more of their stuff tomorrow .

"please just try listening to their music dont dismiss them as just another Australian band "

Ahem...I checked them out because they were Australian lol
Yes awesome! What am I saying their music transcends what country they are from. Jezebel is a great song isnt it? the film clip together with the music presents a really gothic outlook on Australian history which is a theme you will find in a lot of their music. I suggest you check out Gala Mill which is where Jezebel is from and Wait long by the river and the bodies of your enemies will float by absolutely great album and once you've worked your way through them you can check out their latest album Havilah after that you could go to the first album here come the lies which is a really rough and garage like album but still awesome then the last one they have is The Millers Daughter which are songs they recorded in between Here come the lies and Wait long... a worthwhile album if only for the title track which is simply amazing. Sorry if I'm over excited about this band but they are something else.
You really love this band don't you,
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
haha yeah I do man and im just trying to get a bigger following on here. You like them?
So I'm going to JB HI FI on the weekend.
Hopefully they have a Drones album that isn't Havilah (as i already have it)
yes! really love this band. seeing them soon on their australian tour with witch hats (who are also awesome) and qui.

also, check out Rowland S Howard's solo album "Teenage Snuff Film" (guitarsit from the birthday party [who nick cave was apart of]). He's often mentioned when trying to explain the drones sound.
The Birthday Party scare the **** outta me haha good but so very strange.