well i think this may be in the wrong thread but im not bovered
Mine is waking the demon and tryin to finish a song i'm making
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
No one, I'm currently playing only some riffs and songs that I know. Last one was "Ministry of Saints" by Edguy (learned by year... cool song ).
Punish my Heaven by Dark Tranquillity.

It's not going too well, I think I'll save it for later...

Other than that, I've learned a lot of Dark Tranquillity songs lately.
Boston's More than a feeling. I can't remember that solo for some reason. Also, Here comes your man by the pixies.
Don't look at me!
I've been working on 2112 for the past year. I'm about 1/3 of the way through...
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Wipe Out - The Surfaris
The House of the Rising Sun - The Animals
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida - Iron Butterfly
The arpeggios in Altitudes, but I suck at them. I'm playing them at 76bpm and increasing, I'll be damned if beggining to sweep is not hard.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Satch Boogie - Joe Satriani
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Tender Surrender - Steve Vai
The sexy-as-hell bass line to Roundabout.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
trying to nail the solos to comfortably numb, its very hard but i do rape the shit out of the tone cuz i leave the wah and the chorus on lol. but the solos are hard.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Ramble On Led Zeppelin BASS!!!
Quote by Insanitydenied
I try to be the quiet musician type, but there's too much to say.

OF THE BASS MILITIA - PM Nutter_101 to join

FUCK PARAMORE.

HOT LESBIANS

Centered, Bitch.

Yes, I'm only 14. So?
The solo to 'Love Gun' by Kiss.

I can play it note-for-note, just not up to speed on my guitar, because it has the action of an acoustic!

Generally though, I'll pick something, learn the bare bones structure, then work out the extra bits whenever. Unfortunately, I'm pretty busy at the moment, which is a total pain!
Quote by Swingshifter
Dire Straits Sultans of Swing

you hear an echo in the dark and meantime....
hey most of the song is natural to me but i have a hard time with the intro -- any tips?
thanks for your input. I hope that we can become friends and learn from each other. I mostly play older heavy metal such as Black Sabbath and Mettalica. I also love early punk (tubes, Ramones) and i do a lot of Jimi page stuff like "rock and roll" and "black dog". If you would like to get together and make a noise send me an email at: dannybob@comcast.net
thank you for pot smoking
Luv u - Swingshifter
Last edited by Swingshifter at Nov 25, 2008,
I've been learning a bunch of Tom Petty songs by ear. "Breakdown" is super fun to play on lead guitar (at least for me it is, I'm not very good at guitar). Most of his material is easy enough for me to learn without tabs.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by F4R3W311
and ... Paint it black - The Rolling Stones
I've been learning Don't Triple Post by Use The Edit Button

In all seriousness, I've been going through these:
Help On The Way/Slipknot- Grateful Dead
Pardon My Heart- Neil Young (easy song, just putting the vocals together with guitar)
Don't Let It Bring You Down- Neil Young (same as Pardon My Heart)
Bring On, Bring On- Black Crowes
Under A Mountain- Black Crowes
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by BrainDamage
In all seriousness

Every time I see this phrase it reminds me of Bob Dylan's Live 1964 album, where he's trying to make a segue between If You Gotta Go, Go Now and It's Alright Ma.

I think after he tries the "in all seriousness..." approach and the crowd laughs, and then he says the name of the song and the crowd laughs he must just decide to let the crowd figure out that the song is not at all funny on their own. It sure gets quiet when the lyrics start.

I bet nobody knows what I'm talking about, and I'm criminally off-topic right now. I think I'm half-asleep. That's my excuse for these stupid posts I seem to be churning out at a cyclone-esque pace.
Hey, I'm Mike.
trying zepp celebration day live from song remains the same... gah..
Riff for Crazy Train
Stratocasters=

Quote by reb_49
You all seem to be confused a quite bit, let me put this down into these simple words: Music Is Always Evolving, The Problem Is That People Aren't

Favorite Guitarists -
Jimi Hendrix
Joe Perry
Jimmy Page