Basically I've just discovered the blues. I've listened to "The Ultimate Hendrix Experience" and "SRV's Greatest hit's" over and over again and I'm completely vexed I havn't listened to anything else for about a week. I think i might have discovered my "thing" in blues. But my question is where to go now? I'm looking for kind of similar artists and a little something to take me out of the hendrix, SRV way of things.
Reccomendations?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
john mayer!

seriously this guy is sometimes slated, but he is heavily influenced by SRV yet it highly original in his songs.

if you're looking to buy/dlownload albums i suggest continuum, where the light it (live album) or room for squares.

give him a listen, i swear you'll be into him.
It seems to me you like sorta rock/blues. I would suggest Cream, Eric Clapton, and Buddy Guy. For some very classic blues look toward BB King, Albert King, Jimmy Vaughn, John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers (particularly with Clapton. You will love the guitar solo in "Have you Heard).

On a more specific note you will absoloutely LOVE Rory Gallagher! It's suprising how many people don't know about him. He's a fantastic guitar player, very bluesy, but very rocky at the same time:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=33Jaodra7AY
Quote by clapton-floyd
It seems to me you like sorta rock/blues. I would suggest Cream, Eric Clapton, and Buddy Guy. For some very classic blues look toward BB King, Albert King, Jimmy Vaughn, John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers (particularly with Clapton. You will love the guitar solo in "Have you Heard).

On a more specific note you will absoloutely LOVE Rory Gallagher! It's suprising how many people don't know about him. He's a fantastic guitar player, very bluesy, but very rocky at the same time:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=33Jaodra7AY

Everything he said.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Well, if you like SRV and Hendrix, you should definitly check out John Mayer's album called 'Try!'. It's basically a blues album with a hendrixy feel to it. From there, just start getting deeper into the blues with the three Kings, Clapton, etc...
I feel obligated to recommend the slide playing of Duane Allman.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
aswell as my previous post mentioning john mayer, i would suggest 'Doyle Bramhall II' he's got some pretty decent songs, green light girl is one, as is soul shaker.

i first noticed him on the roger waters tour as rogers backing guitarist. and he has a truly independant way of playing, both physically (his strings are strung UPSIDE DOWN) as in low E at the bottom rather than top.

and his blues has a more 'rock' feel about it than a laid back feel like most others.

check out his myspace if you want to sample his stuff, i reccomend it.