i was thinking about getting one, they sound pretty awesome. But they are EXPENSIVE. Is it really worth it?
The Bat-Mobile lost it's wheel and the Joker got away!
I would use it plenty of times. it would almost be a replacement completely for a pick.
The Bat-Mobile lost it's wheel and the Joker got away!
I've thought about the ebow a lot too and decided that's what Christmas is for. I can't really justify spending my hard-earned cash on one, so I'll just ask my GF to spend her hard earned cash for me. Somehow it suddenly becomes ok to have something odd and frivelous when it's a gift.

You'd be pretty far out to use it as a full replacement for a pick, but I'm with you. Whenever I hear an smashing pumpkins, interpol, or even a Michael Manring song with ebow I just melt--even these notorious e-bow bands only use it maybe a a couple times an album though.
^ what Smashing Pumpkins songs is it used on?

also, I've been wanting one for a long time, but I've never been sure how much I would use it. I'm sure it would be fun to experiment with some wacky sounds, but would it be worth it?
I thought about getting one a while ago but I ended up just getting a volume pedal and using that for swells instead.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
I own one and I don't think it's really worth it unless you're into making some really experimental music.

It was a lot of fun at first, but due to it having such a huge learning curve in order to actually use it to its full potential, it became impractical and boring and is now collecting dust.
I got one cheap off Craigslist for $60. I agree with Shadow that it's not worth it unless you are into experimenting with sounds. The odds are that it will sit on the shelf and not get a lot of use.