I was wondering if there was a precision pickup for 5 stringers. I was at a music shop today and I saw a 5 string Precision special today and it had a jazz bass pickup in place of a P pickup!

So is there a P pickup for 5 strings?
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
theres a 5 string pbass on the fender site with P pickup. And emg has P pickups for 5 strings on their website.
I've noticed all the 5 string P-basses have Jazz pickups, never understood how it would be hard to make a P pickup for it, but then again. It would be a bit of a pain as it would need to have 6 poles (for three strings 2 poles for each string righ?) on one and four on the other. And I'm guessing the bass side would have the 6 poles for the B, E and A. But to be sounds like a lot of effort to make when a Jazz pickup would do the job just as well (but without the precision sound albeit) and it's easier to make a 5 string J pickup than a custom sized P pickup.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
^What i was thinking as well.

And on 4 strings, each coil is meant for two strings. For 5er, one coil would be for 3, and the other for 2 strings.
That would look really weird.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
EMG and Delano both make them, but their's fit inside a standard (4 string) p routing.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.