I'm wondering if installing a BA2 on a MIM Jazz would be just a job of taking off the standard bridge and sticking it on. As I'm planning to maybe get a MIM Jazz and want to use the £150 I'll have left to upgrade it slighty, as well as straplocks, strings and a new strap. Just wondering this because I'm sure I've read that its just a take off and put on job but I'm not 100% sure.

EDIT - bugger, I just read it is a direct replacement. Anyways, would you recommend anything else to add with my £150? As the bridge is only around £60 and the strings, strap and locks will only be about £40 so I've got £50 left (well around that)
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Last edited by Rywad at Nov 9, 2008,
I dunno, £50 would only really get me a one single coil and it probably wouldn't be worth it with my awful soldering skills.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

If you look hard enough (or go here http://cgi.ebay.com/Leo-Quan-BADASS-Bass-II-Guitar-Bridge-Chrome-NEW_W0QQitemZ200264253735QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item200264253735&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1417|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318) you can probably pick a bad ass II up for about £35. I know that if you've got an aerodyne jazz bass a bit of filing has to be done, but i dont think there will be a problem with a normal one.

Maybe grab a hipshot D tuner if you ever use drop D?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
True, but I might just get the BA2 and the locks/strap/strings. And then save the other money to pile into something else later. Hmm those D tuners seem gimmicky, watched a video on how it works but I don't really see if it'll work all the time - depends on humidity and climate right?
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

I'd say put the remaining money aside to save up for some seymore-duncans (or other pick ups), that's what I'm doing wit me jazz.
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
I didn't think the MIM jazz pickups were that bad. Looking back, the bridge on my MIM was the worst out of everything on the bass.
I say go with the badass 2.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Rywad
True, but I might just get the BA2 and the locks/strap/strings. And then save the other money to pile into something else later. Hmm those D tuners seem gimmicky, watched a video on how it works but I don't really see if it'll work all the time - depends on humidity and climate right?

I'm pretty sure you have a way of tuning the D-tuner so you'd just tune your bass and then hit the D-tuner and use the other tuning apparatus to get that in tune. but then again i've never seen one in person so i may be wrong. It seems like the only intelligent way to me.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
a pretty pickguard, a cooler strap, or maybe, you can use that there money on a pretty girl. go on a date. if you already have a date, well she would give you major points if you took her to a nice place.

or he. I try to be open to alternative lifestyles.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Fuzz box maybe? Or a wah?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I like humanity's ideas, nothing wrong with an aesthetic upgrade like pickguard or control plate. Or a bling strap if you don't have one would actually make you more comfy and be good for you.

I also like what shiozoku said just because I've been on this huge fuzz kick lately. But you probably shouldn't get pedals unless you already had that in mind and actually have a use for them.

edit* yes I said "bling"... what is my life coming to?
I think I might go for a lovely black pickguard just cause Midnight wine + black & the chrome control plate = pure love
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Quote by Rywad

The D tuner is solid 24/7. I've never had a problem with mine whatsoever.

Also, instead of the BA2, get a Gotoh bridge. I think the model is 104 or something. It's half the price and basically the exact same thing, except you don't have to file the saddles to fit the strings.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
The D tuner is solid 24/7. I've never had a problem with mine whatsoever.

Also, instead of the BA2, get a Gotoh bridge. I think the model is 104 or something. It's half the price and basically the exact same thing, except you don't have to file the saddles to fit the strings.

My lord! If I knew that was needed I wouldn't have even thought twice about the BA2. I'm leaning towards a P-bass at the moment though (tried another one today) and would a set of quarter pounders be good for a pickup change? But I might give it a good run in with the standard pickups.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

I would get a pedal but I wouldn't use it much. All I use is compression and I have that on-board my amp so it's all I need.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

tuner pedal? useful to not have to mess with them cords.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I'd like to but yeah, I might not spend it all. I'm addicted to spending though!
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab