I'm thinking about getting a fairly small amp that I can carry around to jam with mates and use in small scale practices and stuff. Budget is not an issue at the moment, as I'm only hypothesizing, and I play mainly hard rock and classic blues rock, but I also play some metal, jazz and fusion.

Ideally I'd like to avoid modeling amps like the vox AD series and roland cubes, as I don't need all of the features. I just want something with a nice clean tone, and a fairly good overdrive.

cheers
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Blackheart bh-5?...but you would have to get an overdrive pedal if you want to get some gain on it.
Quote by Highwaytohell
umm.... Budget?

Quote by Sonny_sam
Budget is not an issue at the moment, as I'm only hypothesizing.

lol
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
You play "mainly hard rock and classic blues rock, but I also play some metal, jazz and fusion" and want to avoid modeling? Good luck unless your next thread is a pedal thread.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
eeh that would be tough to do with a small amplifier. are you talking like a 112 combo or something? or smaller, because all that comes to mind is the Krank rev jr. and that might not do jazz exuberently.

EDIT: there is also the orange tiny terror combo
Quote by scott58
You play "mainly hard rock and classic blues rock, but I also play some metal, jazz and fusion" and want to avoid modeling? Good luck unless your next thread is a pedal thread.

My main amp is a Cornford Harlequin 6 watt handbuilt valve combo. The only controls are volume (preamp) bass, treble and master. I occasionally use a tubescreamer to tighten up the drive for a tight metal tone but apart from that it handles everything. I don't see why I would need 12 different amp models and 12 different effects to do the same job my main amp does already.
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?