Hey, i got myself an old Roland JC 120 off an old friend of mine. Had to have it fixed once already, and now due to people not paying attention at my drummer's place, one of my input jacks is out of place...That, and the speakers aren't working properly.

I'm thinking of taking it in again, getting everything all fixed up one more time, but the one stock speaker that i have left in it doesn't seem to work properly, and the other speaker (a concrete block, if that means anything) is the only one putting anything out.

I want this thing to last me, since i'm strapped for cash and i'm sick of using my microcube.

Any suggestions on replacement speakers if all isn't well after the repairs?
Hail Gimpy
I'd say try your best to get hold of an original JC speaker, those aluminium cones add a lot to the typical JC tone (you know, that slight agressiveness and the percussive attack when you really dig into your strings).

Repairing that input jack and replacing the speaker are both easily done yourself, that'd save you quite a lot of money as well

It's quite an achievement to have broken it by the way.. I play an original, end of the 70s JC-120 at my band rehearsal space and it's still in perfect working order, the reverb's the only thing not working. Pretty good for an amp that's taken hours and hours of abuse every day for about 30 years now
The gear is in the profile.
You know you want to take a look

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Strat-mangling, echo-eating janglefan σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
and if i cant seem to find an original?

I've been looking around, and i cant find any of the original speakers up for grabs. trying to find an alternative if at all possible, i dont wanna sit with only one speaker putting out until i can find a set...

i dont know much about the speakers that i can use, or how big of a difference they make depending on their resistance, size of the magnet, etc.

Really not too informed in that area...hoping to get some insight
Hail Gimpy
Well you need a 12" speaker of the same impedance as the original speaker and with an equal or higher wattage handling. The wattage handling should be 60 watts or higher, but I can't seem to find the impedance right now. I have some trouble accessing Roland's site though.

Keep searching Ebay/Craigslist for original speakers, but they are pretty rare to pop up yeah.
If you can't find an original speaker I'd suggest getting a loud, clean speaker, as it's a loud and clean amp. Something like the Jensens used in Fender amps. A Twin Reverb speaker would do a pretty good job in a Jazz Chorus.
The gear is in the profile.
You know you want to take a look

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Strat-mangling, echo-eating janglefan σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣