yeah while i was playing i just heard the high e string snap and i looked at it and it had all this slack but it didn't break. and that was the second one the same day because thew first one broke because i clipped it then tuned it. this one i did right and it still broke.

i use regular slinky ernie ball and regular tuning.
and another thing my strings fly6 out of tune like never before, i used to be able to leave it for a day and it would be close to being in tune.

please help
Check the saddles on your bridge.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
You need to make sure you pull the string all the way through the bridge before tuning it. Sometimes the ball end slips down and gets caught on something, and when you start to play it will come loose and end up like yours did.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
It could possibly be your tuners, check them too see if they're a bit loose. If they are, you can take a set of pliers to tighten the nut on the tuners. If it's not the tuners, it may just be Ernie Ball's quality going down the drain. i've recently noticed that with Elixers.

Hope this helps!
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
ok thankyou thats what iot sounded like to i heard it from the bottom nd thought i broke a string...
I think you need to check the balls at the end of the strings go the whole way through the bridge and don't catch on anything. If you are gigging this is going to be a serious problem. Thats if it is a fender/PRS/ect style bridge. Anything else and its probably a broken bridge (lets hope it wasnt expensive :P).
and what about tuning it maybe i'm putting it under the thig (at a loss for words) before i tune it, is tht wrong
it did that to me when i was tuning once. id got it right, then BAM snapped back to being really slack.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
no not to expensive, but i had a set a strings on for months nd then i only changed them like 3-4 times
Quote by Hoodoo Child
it did that to me when i was tuning once. id got it right, then BAM snapped back to being really slack.

yeah exactly that
Quote by MetalGS3SE
You need to make sure you pull the string all the way through the bridge before tuning it. Sometimes the ball end slips down and gets caught on something, and when you start to play it will come loose and end up like yours did.

This
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by dudeinasuit
should i check out the bridge before i go out and buy new strings

like open it up?
You probably dont even need to do that. Just retune the string. From what it sounds like, the ball just got caught on something, and now got uncaught. You can just tune it back up, and you'll be fine. You MIGHT have to completely take the string off the tuner peg, and pull it through more than you had it before, but there's only a small chance of that.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22
You probably dont even need to do that. Just retune the string. From what it sounds like, the ball just got caught on something, and now got uncaught. You can just tune it back up, and you'll be fine. You MIGHT have to completely take the string off the tuner peg, and pull it through more than you had it before, but there's only a small chance of that.

well it broke so now i'ma take it to the guitar store and get them to look at it, i want it set up for heavier strings anyway
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
well at least it didnt pop, popping high E strings are like razor bull whips to the eyes! even when the guitar is facing out from my body i still duck behind the body when tuning it up for the first time lol.

Only time I've broke a string was my high E string, and I was lucky as hell to not have it slice me at all considering I was playing right near the bridge when it snapped. At least I know that it was a sharp part in the saddle and not actually my fault

I've heard stories of my friend's high E breaking and putting a pretty decent size gouge in his hand. That's something you never want to happen.
sounds like it might have been sticking at the nut.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com