I want to buy a Peavey Valve King but i dont know which one to get..it will mostly be a practice amp but will also gig with it..is the 212 miles better then the 112 or is it not worth the extra ££££
the 1x12,

im sorry to say that im not a fan of the valveking, but i would take the 1x12 over the 2x12, because it is easier/cheaper to upgrade
Quote by VMegaDethV
I probably wont be upgrading it so not a problem

you should upgrade it if you get one

the valveking on its own is barely a suitable upgrade from an mg

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

don't listen to that smack. Go to the Valveking thread and listen some of the clips. Most of those clips are stock Valvekings. If you listen to the first 3 clips and still think it is naf..then fair enough.

The 112 should be sufficiant and more manageable for bedroom levels. 20 lbs lighter too.
Yeah, stick with the 112, unless you plan to play to crowds of 500 and up with no PA.

Quote by timzee117
you should upgrade it if you get one

the valveking on its own is barely a suitable upgrade from an mg

I disagree given that an MG was my first amp. The turnaround was nothing short of f*cking amazing.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Yeah, I've tried the 212, its VERY loud, so if you're just using it for practicing, I'd say the 112 would be a better choice, since it'll save you some $$$
I'd say 112, It's MUCH lighter (seriously, it has a smaller transformer (most likely, I'm not too sure about this) and 1 fewer speakers, which are heavy.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.