Good idea or bad idea?

idk if switching from a non-tremelo to a tremelo bridge is that big of a deal so i figured i'd ask a random annonymous assortment of players who do kno wat they're doing
putting a floating trem on a guitar that doesn't have one, cost a lot...
what explorer do you want to put a floyd on, and why?
This can be very costly and may very well ruin your guitar. You may also regret the floyd rose later, you might find that you don't use it enough to justify having it on your guitar, especially with all the extra maintenance.
adding a FR will kill your tone...b cuz EXP arent designed to have em
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Save your pennies and buy a guitar with a floyd stock. There are a bagillion of em out there.
That rug really tied the room together.
therres a guy in utue called dmometalguitar or something like that. he kahler-ed his EXP and regrets it..... ask him
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
It's doable, costs alot, and is very risky. It could mess up the guitar competely, or it could make it just what your looking for......it just depends. You might want to think about it before choosing
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
for the money itll cost you,ou could get a jackson USA KE2 which is basically a floyded xplorer
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
I'd say best idea would be an Epiphone Futura - has one stock anyway (a floyd), Only thing you'd need to do is swap the pickups, which'll cost less than the Floyd and routing.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Also, rondomusic.com just got in some 7-string ghosts (explorer) with floyds in them. They're cheaper than the EXP you linked to, at only $625. http://www.rondomusic.com/product2218.html
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by devit
therres a guy in utue called dmometalguitar or something like that. he kahler-ed his EXP and regrets it..... ask him

He didn't put a kahler on his explorer, he bought a shred x explorer, and the reason he dosent like the kahler on the explorer is that there is no locking nut on the explorer, so it goes out of tune with any tremolo useage. i'm sure if u were to put a floyd style locking nut on the guitar, it would be fine, but i've never played the explorer model in question, so i wouldn't know...