Hey there, I was at a friends house last night and there was a guitarist there too.
He brought in his Gibson Les Paul Supreme to show everyone or anyone interested in it as he's selling it.

Anyways, he said he got it for 2,000 Euro here in Ireland but the retail price here is 3,499 Euro. Quite a big difference. He's willing to sell it for 1,700 Euro... I had a look at it and it looked legit. The headstock looked like the ones you would see in a pic. Gibson headstock with the Les Paul plate and the shiny Supreme logo... serial number too. Black Gibson case with velvety white interior.

I just don't want to go and waste some money if it's a copy and he's trying to fool me.
What do you reckon? Do people usually come across these occurrences where they see a deal of a life time?
Fender American Deluxe SSS Stratocaster (2004)
Peavey Classic 50
Boss DS-1, BD-2
Jim Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah
Just try it out..if its sounds good then buy it... It doesnt really matter if its a real gibson or not as long as it sounds and looks the business and FEELS like 1700 euros.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes"

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through"

usually if it's too good to be true, it is btu in a rare case you will come across these.

correct me if i'm wrong but don't supremes come with a certificate of authenticity? or maybe it's just custom shops.
Awesome, I'll see about a Certificate and jot down the serial
Fender American Deluxe SSS Stratocaster (2004)
Peavey Classic 50
Boss DS-1, BD-2
Jim Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah
You can take pictures of the guitar and email them to gibson as well and they will look at them, i did it once and they were polite and helpful.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12