Ok guys, Christmas is coming along and I have picked out all of my pedals and everything to try to get a Eric Johnson like tone. ONE PROBLEM!!! my pickups really suck in my guitar. I have a 50th anniversary strat and Im not sure if they are originals, but all I know is that they suck. So can anyone give me a quick look at how the YJMs would work for how I would use them!!

THNAKS
amp?
?????

and yjm pups for ej tone???
doubt how well that would work....
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
ok, i doubt ur amp is the problem then,
i think ej uses fender vintage noiseless pups, but idk...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
he uses fender custom shop pickups modded to his prefrence plus he is a tone freak getting his tone is near to impossible
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
not to mention i just saw that he uses marshall AND fender amps...which means youd have to spend thousands to get the "right" tone.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Quote by Fenderdan
Ok guys, Christmas is coming along and I have picked out all of my pedals and everything to try to get a Eric Johnson like tone. ONE PROBLEM!!! my pickups really suck in my guitar. I have a 50th anniversary strat and Im not sure if they are originals, but all I know is that they suck. So can anyone give me a quick look at how the YJMs would work for how I would use them!!

THNAKS

That made me lol soooo hard
Gear
Ibanez GRG170DX
Bluerock Begginers Strat
Fender Acoustic
Bluerock Begginers 10W Amp
Lne 6 Spider 3 15
Gear to come
Les Paul Copy(Fixing up to be good)
i love having a little thnak every now and again.

and nightraven knows waaay too much about EJ's tone.
listen to him
------

Shwiggity.
Let us not forget that he wires his bridge pickup to one of his tone knobs
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores