Anyone else seen this? its a brillant show. Last year it was called mobile act unsigned. Basically its like x-factor but with real unsigned bands who write and perform their own songs. Basically they compete for a record contract. And I have to say theres some quality bands in there.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Yeah, i saw it last year and have been tracking it this year too. It's probably the only good thing to come from T4 in the past, say, ten years? :-P

Hijack Oscar should have won last year! Envy and other sins were ok though, well, in respect to the band they were up against.
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
I remember something similar like that on Fuse i think it was, a few years back. It was Dog something...all the bands kinda sucked ass though...I've never seen that orange thing though
Quote by A8039077
Yeah, i saw it last year and have been tracking it this year too. It's probably the only good thing to come from T4 in the past, say, ten years? :-P

Hijack Oscar should have won last year! Envy and other sins were ok though, well, in respect to the band they were up against.

Hijak Oscar were soooo good. THeir myspace is in my favorites.

I agree about the T4 comment btw :p.

Also did u see that Kubla Khan band today? They were fantastic.
Quote by Rockstar12345
Quote by Mechanixx
Hijak Oscar were soooo good. THeir myspace is in my favorites.

I agree about the T4 comment btw :p.

The bands on today's episode were fairly lacklustre i feel though. Glass Sharks were good, but Sleepercell - i'm sorry but i've seen it all before!

Kubla? We're they the band with 9 people in them? Because they were also very good
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

Agreed, Sleeper Cell were samey and really rather boring; they all looked like complete wankers aswell.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
Quote by JamMan*
Agreed, Sleeper Cell were samey and really rather boring; they all looked like complete wankers aswell.

And they were all younger than me! Damn young successful people :-(
Quote by dudius

Quote by A8039077
The bands on today's episode were fairly lacklustre i feel though. Glass Sharks were good, but Sleepercell - i'm sorry but i've seen it all before!

Kubla? We're they the band with 9 people in them? Because they were also very good

Yeah Kubla were the band with 9 people in em.

I gotta say though, the one fault I have with that show is that its too indie heavy. The scene is choked.
Quote by Rockstar12345
it was alright this year and I have seen much of it this year - but there needs to be more hard rock/metal bands shown on it
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
It seemed pretty awful to me.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I missed todays, but I feel after last week the judges opinions are all shite anyway, i mean 'Fangs' for christ sake, sure the nme would rape them raw, but alex james saying they were the best band he'd seen even better than anything last series, its gradually losing any credibility with me.
There are some good bands on there, but the judges pick the most commercially viable bands and not the most talented, so the show inevitably suffers. It's better as a way to gain publicity than for a good band to actually become successful.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by hemo.
I missed todays, but I feel after last week the judges opinions are all shite anyway, i mean 'Fangs' for christ sake, sure the nme would rape them raw, but alex james saying they were the best band he'd seen even better than anything last series, its gradually losing any credibility with me.

this weeks was better. Tbh Alex James doesnt know wat hes talking about. He said the same thing to another band this week...

Also he doesnt like guitar solos so his opinion is worthless anyway
Quote by Rockstar12345
Quote by l33TgUiT@rd00d
I remember something similar like that on Fuse i think it was, a few years back. It was Dog something...all the bands kinda sucked ass though...I've never seen that orange thing though

Bo Dog Battle of The Bands or something. That one was crap. All the bands blew, especially that band of 18 year olds from Georgia. Makes me sick to live here...
Quote by break-me-in
There are some good bands on there, but the judges pick the most commercially viable bands and not the most talented, so the show inevitably suffers. It's better as a way to gain publicity than for a good band to actually become successful.

Well, if a band is really that well put together, then, who knows, a producer might be watching the show, and sign the band he likes if they don't win.

It's like American Idol, usually the final three end up winning in the long run.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by break-me-in

Not strictly true. Hijak Oscar got very far last year although the judges knew they wernt commercially viable.
Quote by Rockstar12345
Quote by Mechanixx
Not strictly true. Hijak Oscar got very far last year although the judges knew they wernt commercially viable.

And they kept agonising over the decision. And Hijak Oscar didn't even get to the final, did they?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Actually quite entertaining. Most of the bands/artists are awful though and the judges are bloody clueless. Although I speak from the perspective of looking for an interesting band, while they're looking for something marketable so......
Quote by break-me-in
And they kept agonising over the decision. And Hijak Oscar didn't even get to the final, did they?

I think they were in the last 3...

I just remember them, Bad robots (who were also good) and the winners being the last 3.
Quote by Rockstar12345