Im looking to get into art, altho i am a beginner, i wnna get into shading 2 make things look 3d with a pencil, can the pit give me sum good sites and general techniques?
You use a paintbrush.

Or your penis.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
First you might wanna have several kinds of different pencils including: mechanical pencils, soft and hard lead pencils

Get yourself an eraser shield and a kneaded eraser and some good quality paper
I say you skip da Vinci and go straight to Jackson Pollock
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
http://www.learn-to-draw.com/

Really all I can say is PRACTISE! Practise, practise, practise! Look at other people's work, and see what techniques you like and what you don't. Try it out. Try out different things and then assess the results.

And draw from real life as much as possible! Try drawing a glass or a bottle, and getting the shading on those right - then try a spherical object, apples, oranges etc. Then try both together, see how the light falls and where the shadows are. Half closing your eyes and squinting at what you're drawing will let you see the tone better - ie, light and dark areas.

Just...practise...!
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by Pedalboard
You use a paintbrush.

Or your penis.

do i draw the penis??

e-cookie for anyone who gets this
Quote by n to the k
do i draw the penis??

e-cookie for anyone who gets this

family guy
I win
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by esther_mouse
http://www.learn-to-draw.com/

Really all I can say is PRACTISE! Practise, practise, practise! Look at other people's work, and see what techniques you like and what you don't. Try it out. Try out different things and then assess the results.

And draw from real life as much as possible! Try drawing a glass or a bottle, and getting the shading on those right - then try a spherical object, apples, oranges etc. Then try both together, see how the light falls and where the shadows are. Half closing your eyes and squinting at what you're drawing will let you see the tone better - ie, light and dark areas.

Just...practise...!

Yeah!

It would be helpful if you had one of those pencil sets with all the darker and lighter leads.
Everyone can draw this and that but may not be so good at drawing other things.
Quote by Karvid
I say you skip da Vinci and go straight to Jackson Pollock

+1

Get your pollocks out.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by ctb
Yeah!

It would be helpful if you had one of those pencil sets with all the darker and lighter leads.
Everyone can draw this and that but may not be so good at drawing other things.

Yeah. It's generally good to use 2B or softer leads for shading and sketching - but it can look good using a hard lead in a mechanical pencil too.

Also, try sharpening your pencils with a craft knife rather than a pencil sharpener - this leaves the tip more textured which can be used to good effect in creating textures and shadows on your picture.

Try charcoal, too. Try it without smudging, and with smudging. Add chalk to light areas, etc. Just mess around with it and have fun basically.

When you're happy with monotonal shading, try using colours - try darker and lighters areas, then try just using, for example, blue for shadow and oranges and yellows for lighter areas, etc. Cool colours (blues, greens etc) recede into the background, and light colours bring objects forward in pictures.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by esther_mouse
Yeah. It's generally good to use 2B or softer leads for shading and sketching - but it can look good using a hard lead in a mechanical pencil too.

Also, try sharpening your pencils with a craft knife rather than a pencil sharpener - this leaves the tip more textured which can be used to good effect in creating textures and shadows on your picture.

Try charcoal, too. Try it without smudging, and with smudging. Add chalk to light areas, etc. Just mess around with it and have fun basically.

When you're happy with monotonal shading, try using colours - try darker and lighters areas, then try just using, for example, blue for shadow and oranges and yellows for lighter areas, etc. Cool colours (blues, greens etc) recede into the background, and light colours bring objects forward in pictures.

All of the above.

Esther knows her shit.

Also, it's a massive cliché but - "Draw what you see, not what you think you see."
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by Pedalboard
You use a paintbrush.

Or your penis.

So true.

Do you have any idea about what you want to do? Just do what you want.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright