I've had this RP 250 for a long time now, but I have never used it for recording anything.

I installed the drivers and got the software 'Digitech X-Edit' and plugged my pedal into the computer USB and the pedal USB.

I can manipulate the pedal functions through the X-Edit software just fine, and I can still hear sound through the pedal when i plugged it into my amp or headphones, But I can not figure out how to get any playback or record any of the sound on my computer...

Can anyone help me with this? The manual didn't tell me anything and neither does the Digitech website.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
u need something like audacity to record.
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
I have audacity... but no matter what I select for the recording device I get nothing. its like my computer is picking up no sound?
Quote by C O B H C

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Maybe try putting a guitar cord from the RP250 into a mic/line-in jack on your computer or whatever you use. I plug my guitar into my RP200A and then that goes into my Mac line-in with a 1/8" adapter.

Then you use audacity.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
it's been awhile but at the bottom of X Edit screen (may need to scroll down a bit) there should be a drop down menu for Amp vs PC or someting. Gain setting from 0 to 100. Do you see that?

Yes I see that, And I tried to do all possible combinations of that and recording settings with audacity, but I pick up no sound with audacity no matter what.
Quote by C O B H C

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by guitarkid2113
Maybe try putting a guitar cord from the RP250 into a mic/line-in jack on your computer or whatever you use. I plug my guitar into my RP200A and then that goes into my Mac line-in with a 1/8" adapter.

Then you use audacity.

I could do that, but I dont have a spare guitar cable.

I should be able to record with audacity just plugging in with the USB chord. Thats how it is shown on the manual, but gives no guidance to how to make it work.
Quote by C O B H C

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
turn guitar volume up?
Gain set to PC?
guitar > 1/4 cable to RP Input > USB out to PC.

I'd have to go hook up to RP to help any futher. Have you used Audacity before?

Its odd. I rebooted my computer and it works now!

Thank you very much for the help

And yes, I am very familiar with audacity
Quote by C O B H C

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Ha....didn't think about that. Yes you have to reboot usually to make software work. Good deal bro. I think you know this but you can still hook up RP to amp so you can hear yourself even tho audacity won't pick up amp obviously.

You need a USB cable to connect the RP250 to the computer, then download the drivers and X-Edit from the Digitech website. After you do that, reboot and then just download a patch from here and open it with X-Edit.

Most of the patches aren't that great though, so I would suggest making your own, which is very easy with X-Edit.