Page 1 of 2
I tried a while ago and lasted about 2 days, which is pretty crap. Basically I'm giving up because my girlfriend doesn't particularly like it and I want to prove to myself that I am able to give up if I need to.

Normally I only have about 4 or 5 a day, I smoke in the free lessons/breaks at college. But does anyone have any tips so I won't just go to the shop and buy some? I don't want Nicotine gum or any of that shit, just tips on how to not give in. I'm aiming for about 2 weeks.

Cheers
Best wishes, congrats =]
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Busy yourself with other things. Start jogging, excercising, that sort of thing.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
just, don't give in to yourself. Be a man, grow some balls and be strong enough to not put a sigarette in your mouth. <- keep saying stuff like that to yourself and you'll be fine

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Start injecting heroin, you'll completely forget about your nicotine addiction. Or instead of smoking cigarettes, start eating them. They will soon disgust you.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Nov 9, 2008,
Just get rid of any you have so you're not tempted when you're near them(Including lighters and shit), and know that if you do have a couple, I'll come to your house and use Cannibal Corpse songs as inspiration for your punishment.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Masamune
Chew gum, I don't know if that really helps though.

This is the way to go.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by iceman_8319
Busy yourself with other things. Start jogging, excercising, that sort of thing.

This will absolutely kill you in the beginning... Trust me I quit and then went right into soccer season, worst decision ever. It helps so much in the long run though so don't give up on it.

When I quit I spent a lot of my time drawing instead which really helped focus my mind, maybe you could give that a shot.

Other than that I really don't have any suggestions, it was easy for me to quit. Not to rub it in or anything.
1. Stop going to shops and getting them
2. When you see someone having one, think of a golfball on fire.
3. Get some willpower.
just really want to stop
i find its not gonna happen if your not 100% behind it

its good that you've got the motovation of your grlfriend wanting you to stop
feeling like you'll let someone down otherwise worked for me
typical pit answer: fap

serious answer: do something else to take ur mind off the cigs, eg play guitar, fap
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
To say what everyone else is thinking; You could have just not started in the first place?
When my dad gave up smoking because he got a lung disease, about 11 years ago now, he chewed gum religiously....seriously it works.

He had about 10 packs a day, but it works. Everytime you need a fag, put a piece of gum in.

Now he's just addicted to gum...but it's better than fags xD
Quote by Sixp0under
To say what everyone else is thinking; You could have just not started in the first place?

Actually, I was thinking about zombie squirrels.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Don't be put off by what people say about it being nearly impossible to quit.
Just concentrate on quiting and do things to keep yourself busy with other things.
Quote by Masamune
Chew gum, I don't know if that really helps though.

That's what this girl does at my work. She stopped by chewing gum instead of smoking. It makes sense, some people smoke because of habit to put things (cigarettes) in their mouth. Substitute with a pen cap or a piece of gum, worth a shot,

Another thing to do is think hmm I pay however much you spend a week on cigarettes or to kill yourself. Warning says "Causes Cancer" not May Cause Cancer its a fact that they do
i quit smoking last year... and relapsed because of pressure. My tricks were just to forget everything about smoking cigarettes, and it worked, for a while. But just remember that one little problem: Every 7 minutes of your life you crave a cigarette
Kill it with fire.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by SGibson666
i quit smoking last year... and relapsed because of pressure. My tricks were just to forget everything about smoking cigarettes, and it worked, for a while. But just remember that one little problem: Every 7 minutes of your life you crave a cigarette

Every 7 minutes? I'm happy with one every 2 hours.

Actually, I've gone all day today and I'm fine.
Quote by break-me-in
Start injecting heroin, you'll completely forget about your nicotine addiction. Or instead of smoking cigarettes, start eating them. They will soon disgust you.

that sounds like a joke but the second one's actually a pretty good suggestion.
My friends dad took a piece of paper and rolled it really tight and whenever he wanted to smoke he took that out and would suck on it like he was smoking and eventually he lost the urges.
smoke weed instead. it actually works, i know a guy who quit that way.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by Tom_hatton
I tried a while ago and lasted about 2 days, which is pretty crap. Basically I'm giving up because my girlfriend doesn't particularly like it and I want to prove to myself that I am able to give up if I need to.

Normally I only have about 4 or 5 a day, I smoke in the free lessons/breaks at college. But does anyone have any tips so I won't just go to the shop and buy some? I don't want Nicotine gum or any of that shit, just tips on how to not give in. I'm aiming for about 2 weeks.

Cheers

Quite honestly, you've already set yourself up to fail. What's the challenge in giving something up if you know that you can just start again in 2 weeks?
Quote by Thepoison92
Quite honestly, you've already set yourself up to fail. What's the challenge in giving something up if you know that you can just start again in 2 weeks?

I think he meant he wants to quit smoking in 2 weeks.
Quote by The_Paranoia
I think he meant he wants to quit smoking in 2 weeks.

Nope, I want to give up for 2 weeks (thats apparently the hardest part). And then if I don't have the urge to start again, I won't.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Nope, I want to give up for 2 weeks (thats apparently the hardest part). And then if I don't have the urge to start again, I won't.

You're giving in already, there's no 'if' about it, smoking is an addiction you WILL have those cravings after only 2 weeks.
You should just say "I'm going to quit smoking." End of and try your damn hardest to never touch a cigarette again.
Quote by Tom_hatton

youl tell yourself you have the urge to

trust me, your not gonna give it up unless you see theres no turning back
Quote by Tom_hatton

But then if you get the urge after two weeks you're just going to go back to it? Some people that haven't smoked for years still get cravings.
Quote by Gargantuan
Put one of these posters in your room or somewhere

I was in the restroom of a local Italian restaurant a few months back. I walked in to find an old man cleaning at the inner-workings of his stoma. I ignored this horrific sight and did my business. As I about to open the door and walk out, the man turned to me, looked me straight in the eyes, pointed at the opening in his throat and said in the single most strained, pathetic voice: "Don't smoke."

My eyes opened wide. I didn't know what to say. I just sort of walked out quickly. It was so grotesque. I think it scarred me. It would have been life-changing had I not already made the decision to never smoke. I wish it had been my mother who had such an experience. If she had saw that, surely she would quit smoking. I get scared for her and my own grandfather. I don't want any of them to end in such a condition where they can't even talk properly.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
I quit smoking almost 3 weeks ago. biggest trouble i had was when i was thinking about smoking. do your best to take it off your mind, and think about other things. its hard for the first week, but after that, its all downhill.
futball season and football season.
Good luck, man. I've tried 5 times in my life to stop but it's really hard.

Chewing gum helps. One thing that I used to do as well is take a bit of card or paper and fold it into a cigarette shape and inhale a lot of air through that.

Don't do it all the time though, you need to get out the habit of actually smoking, if you know what I mean.
Give up smoking gradually, first lose one lung; then a few years later you'll lose the other...Then you won't be smoking anymore.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Page 1 of 2