So I've been looking into the Line 6 toneports, and I've noticed they've made a new POD Studio thing, but it looks EXACTLY the same as the Toneport GX, only it's a different color and it's got different software, but the POD is much more expensive!

Also, is it worth getting a UX1 over a GX? is the recording quality better?
I was thinking maybe I should just save up more and get a Yamaha Audiogram 3, which looks like better quality, but it doesn't have all the tones and stuff.

So what do you guys think? I'm looking to start recording stuff in december.

Thanks!
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
You don't need any of that sh*t. Just get a mixer and a free recording app.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by m4l666
You don't need any of that sh*t. Just get a mixer and a free recording app.

...someone knows what they are talking about...

TS the Toneports are fairly good for ideas and such but if you are even mildly serious about getting good sounds and such I suggest spending at least $150 on your recording interface, ($200 would be even more ideal...).

You will want an audio interface and sequencer to start recording. Gearbox is fair but it's not great and if you have an amp you like the sound of I suggest a better interface and a good mic to mic your amp.

The Shure SM57 is a very popular mic to start out with for amps and such.

After looking at the new Toneports they simply changed the software and charged more...not worth it at all. IMO

The PreSonus Inspire (firewire interface), EMU 0202, or EMU 0404 are all great to start out on and the 0404 has on board MIDI which is a huge plus in my book.

If you really want amp modeling software go with a higher end program such as Amplitube, It sounds much better than GearBox.

Go through Tweak's Guide (in my sig) and see their message board and see what features you are really looking into and need.

I am currently planning a new video which I will link to once it's done. I plan to go over how to pick an audio interface and such.
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 9, 2008,
Quote by moody07747
...someone knows what they are talking about...

TS the Toneports are fairly good for ideas and such but if you are even mildly serious about getting good sounds and such I suggest spending at least $150 on your recording interface, ($200 would be even more ideal...).

You will want an audio interface and sequencer to start recording. Gearbox is fair but it's not great and if you have an amp you like the sound of I suggest a better interface and a good mic to mic your amp.

The Shure SM57 is a very popular mic to start out with for amps and such.

After looking at the new Toneports they simply changed the software and charged more...not worth it at all. IMO

The PreSonus Inspire (firewire interface), EMU 0202, or EMU 0404 are all great to start out on and the 0404 has on board MIDI which is a huge plus in my book.

If you really want amp modeling software go with a higher end program such as Amplitube, It sounds much better than GearBox.

Go through Tweak's Guide (in my sig) and see their message board and see what features you are really looking into and need.

I am currently planning a new video which I will link to once it's done. I plan to go over how to pick an audio interface and such.

Thanks a lot! I thought I'd get a reply like this sometime. The EMU 0202 looks like the best option for me right now, as I don't have a high budget (preferably less than £100 pounds, about $150). Could I plug my amp straight into it if I had a proper recording output on my amp?

Thanks again, much appreciated!
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

IF your amp has a line/record out you canrun the amp to the interface but if it doesn't have those options it would be best to mic your amp or use amp modeling software (Amplitube)

Micing the real amp sounds the best and mics are not too high in price starting at around $100 for a new Shure SM57.
Quote by moody07747
IF your amp has a line/record out you canrun the amp to the interface but if it doesn't have those options it would be best to mic your amp or use amp modeling software (Amplitube)

Micing the real amp sounds the best and mics are not too high in price starting at around $100 for a new Shure SM57.

That's great! My amp (Vox Valvetronix AD30VT) does have a line/record out!
Thanks!

EDIT: Just found this: http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tascam-US122L-USB2.0-Audio-Midi-Computer-Interface?sku=242192
Which do you think is better?

Last edited by archerygenious at Nov 10, 2008,