So recently I have begun to completely redo my old squier. Refinish it with a nice surf green finish, all new silver hardware, new everything, including pickups.

What pickups should I go for to get a sound like the lead guitar from Come Now Sleep by As Cities Burn. I really want a nice bright tone.

sorry I can't find any recordings, here is a live vid though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOCS97_kDDQ&feature=related

You can best hear the tone once they really get into the song.

thanks for any help!
E-mail Tim at Bareknuckle, they ship to the US i believe
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
E-mail Tim at Bareknuckle, they ship to the US i believe

+10000

Do this.
It really is more about the amp.

Find out what other gear he uses, just ask him on Myspace. Indie kids always need friends, so send him an email.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
thanks guys. ill do some of these things. this is my first time changing pickups so i dont really know a whole lot.
Id always be a bit skeptical about that Mark, although i don't doubt they are brilliant pickups, Bareknuckle are now recognized as industry standard. They have had to gain that reputation through reviews etc. I've never heard of your suggestion but maybe that's me just being ignorant. I e-mailed Tim from BKP and here is what he said

Hi there, I currently have a PGM301 which is basswood, with these pickups installed

PAF PRO X2

I'm looking to changing to Dimarzio Tone Zone/Air Norton

However first of all i would like to hear what you have to offer, here is what I'm looking for

Bridge pickup

Humbucker
High Gain (As high as possible) - Paul Gilbert Style
High Output
Clarity between notes ( Muddy is not what i want)
Bass>Mids>Treble

Middle (Single Coil)
Clean twangy Strat sound- Hendrix Style

Neck pickup
Warm clean tones
Fat Distorted tones- SRV style

Thanks a lot, i look forward to reading your reply

Anthony

Here was there reply

Hi Anthony, answers below:
Bridge pickup
You have a couple of choices here-Gilbert uses low output humbuckers these days but to get his Racer X tone I would recommend the Miracle Man humbucker-other good choices that would suit your Ibanez would be the Nailbomb and the Holydiver
Middle
Mother's Milk single coil
Neck pickup
The Mule neck humbucker kindest regards

I've ordered the 3 pickups and am looking forward to having them installed in my PGM301 for christmas

If you e-mail Tim with the youtube link what shows the tone you desire he will offer priceless advice

tim@bareknucklepickups.co.uk

Please please put some effort into your e-mail though, after all this is your Tone we are talking about
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Nov 9, 2008,
Look up some of Cord's posts...he knows more about pickups than anyone on this site.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com