So after recently purchasing a Traynor ycs50 and playing it for a couple of days I was heading out to my local shop to get a patchcord for the footpedal and what do I see... They're having their annual Guitar And Amp Sale. So I go inside and the peavey EFX 40w XXX combo I recently returned cause my dad bitched that it was too much money was on sale for $850...AS MUCH AS THE TRAYNOR!!! Not only that it also comes with a free BOSS chorus pedal all their pedals are 10% off! I tried it and still loved it, but I realized the low end was loose and fizzyish so I added a bad monkey to it and it tightened up nicely.

As I do like the traynor I'm undecided on whether or not to return it and get the peavey.

So what would you prefer UG - A Traynor YCS50 combo with a bad monkey OR a Peavey EFX 40w XXX with a BOSS chorus pedal and a bad monkey or other OD pedal?

Now as far a OD pedals go they don't have much, they have BOSS, EHX, and MXR's, which of these companies makes a decent OD that would tighten up the amp?

EDIT: I know most people here haven't played a Traynor YCS50, but feel free to post any opinions on just the peavey, or simply list OD pedals, or even comment on the BOSS chorus pedal.

Thanks
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Last edited by mrxtreme_4 at Nov 9, 2008,
i have the same XXX being shipped right now
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by bjovi400
i have the same XXX being shipped right now

...and... Do you like it? What effects would you use with it? Have you played a Traynor YCS50 and if so do you like it better?

I need any opinions right now, I'm tied between the two...although I do get alot extra if I get the peavey...
Gear:
Line6 UX2
Well as an owner of a XXX, I'm a little biased, so personally I would prefer the XXX. Although, you can't really go wrong either way. I have a friend who has been renting the 90 watt of that Traynor, and I think it's great too.
Even though both amps are fairly versatile, I just find that the XXX is better suited to me than the Traynor.
anyways that's my two cents.. +1 for the XXX (plus a boss chorus pedal is always a nice addition)
Hagstrom Viking, Peavey XXX Super 40, Marshall 1960a Cab
Quote by mrxtreme_4
...and... Do you like it? What effects would you use with it? Have you played a Traynor YCS50 and if so do you like it better?

I need any opinions right now, I'm tied between the two...although I do get alot extra if I get the peavey...

its being shipped, but i do love the XXX series. I'm planning on only using the reverb on it, and ill buy pedals later on for easier use, and maybe more organic sound
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by bjovi400
its being shipped, but i do love the XXX series. I'm planning on only using the reverb on it, and ill buy pedals later on for easier use, and maybe more organic sound

I'm planning on doing the same thing, that's why I think its awesome that they throw in a free chorus and all their pedals are 10% off. My mentality right now is that if I get the XXX I'll get a Bad Monkey OD...but maybe I'm better off getting something like a MXR delay or 10 band EQ and getting a better OD later...I'll end up spending more, but I'l also be saving more because of the 10% off.
Gear:
Line6 UX2
i got in trouble at my school for looking at the peavey triple XXX amp on the library comp because they thought it was pr0n rofl
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ