hi, i joined a band about 2 weeks ago agter my previous band split up and we've just been practicing some songs and messing around and stuff but then our drummer signed us up for battle of the bands. i was quite shocked when she told me because its on friday and we havent even played a song fully through yet. wen i join a band normally i like to get to know the people in the band, get used to each others playing abilities and stuff. they want to play paramore-crushcrushcrush which is an easy song and i am fine with it. its just it normally takes me a couple of months to get used to what we are doing as a band. i've told them i don't think we are ready but they are determined to do it. on top of all this, they have practiced before i joined the band plus i am the only guitarist which is hard because most the songs they want to learn have two guitars in it.

any ideas?
Tell them you're not doing it.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Dude, it's only one song. If you guys have two practises this week you'll get 'er down pat. Tough up for this one show, then make sure they tell you before booking another. Oh, and don't forget to rock their socks off!
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
Quote by andy_thomas
Tell them you're not doing it.

thats how i will get chucked out lol. i wanna stay with them just gig in 09 or something

edit

Quote by adamungar1
Dude, it's only one song. If you guys have two practises this week you'll get 'er down pat. Tough up for this one show, then make sure they tell you before booking another. Oh, and don't forget to rock their socks off!

yeah i know but i barely know the song as i havent got paramores album or anything lol
Last edited by n to the k at Nov 9, 2008,
Brave it out, if you can make a two guitarist song work by yourself, go for it. Just practice a lot with them before the battle. G'luck

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
Its not too late to cancel, unless you really feel comfortable playing, don't go through with it.

Besides, your not exactly going to stand out in a Battle of the bands doing cover songs, unless your playing for fun, theres not much point in playing.
Last edited by ravioli123 at Nov 9, 2008,
Well. I personally would say it is to early, but seems like its too late now! I wouldn't worry about covering 2 guitar songs. You'll get the general idea across. You do have the option to argue not to play, to that point you don't play/quit/or get kicked out, but that wouldn't be a very good thing to do imo.

I'd just, make sure you know what you're doing, make sure you're not the one making mistakes (if there are any) and just go for it and enjoy it.

You'll come out with a more informed point of view regardless of what happens.

Good luck
Just practice the one or two songs your doing for the battle of the bands, and only that song. then you guys will get good at it and feel comfortable playing together... well Good Luck!
Give It All, Give It, Give It What You Got, Come on Give It All A Lot!
At the end of the song during the botb fill the rest of the slot with free-form jazz and endless guitar wankery to show them you mean business. Afterwards tell them you need to know before they sign up.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.