I want a light ash telecaster but to afford one I would have to buy it off ebay and that would be a little risky but today I saw just the regulare ash telecaster and its like $200 cheaper. So whats the difference between these 2 guitars? Is one better thatn ther other?
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Ash generally is a heavier wood and usually (In my opinion) has a fuller tone than its light cousin. Go for it.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
The wood quality Fender uses in both does not differ (not much at least). The only big difference is that the Lite Ash Tele has way better pickups than the other Tele.
You do mean this guitar, right?:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Lite-Ash-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=511339
Be careful when buying a new one online, I played a few of the Lite Ash Teles and some of them had sharp fret edges.
Light ash is... wait for it... lighter! DUN DUN DUH!

Personally I'd just get that normal ash tele and upgrade the pickups when u have more cash to hand.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
been wondering same thing, seeing i also have been thinking about picking between these two.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Azza Dutt
Light ash is... wait for it... lighter! DUN DUN DUH!

Personally I'd just get that normal ash tele and upgrade the pickups when u have more cash to hand.

So light ash is actually a little lighter? Because weight is a big issue, and yea I considerd that weight may be the difference but it dident say anything it weighing less in the description so I just figured that wouldent be it?
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
do light ashes play better?
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
i heard that while the weight varies, most teles are like playing a block of wood(weight-wise)

im guessing the lite ash probably plays a little better, are they made in mexico or usa?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^