First off, i am another user on here(sorry if I broke the rules or something, it wouldn't work any other way) and I made this thread

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=995739

I used those clips on a "dual recto" which is actually the insane and metal models on the line 6 spider respectively, which are based on the recto. The second post got it spot on, but I think the rest were pretty oblivious.

Then I made this thread http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=17083189

Using clips from the same source, the line 6 spider (albeit, i lied and said it was mine). All the clips were recorded with a shure sm57 into pro tools with an mbox. Except for the "dual recto test #1", which was from an amateur video, which would explain the (moderately) negative feedback.

I still really don't like spiders but I think it's hard to judge without being right in front of it

I mostly did this because I was bored, but also because you guys take things way too seriously and make things seem worse then they are.. this is still all in good fun, and I hope i don't get banned or something (though it wouldn't surprise me).
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

*Reported*

Multis are against the rules.

About the GG&A thing being too biased.

What has two thumbs and doesn't give a shit?

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
You're gonna get banned, but you can check this thread by logging out.

Like I said in the other thread, tone is subjective, the spiders failure rate and sounding awful at high volumes is not. I assume the "recto" clips were done at a low volume?

Also, I'll admit, those recto clips didn't sound too bad, but good micing and good eqing can do a lot for an amp, so like you said, you have to hear it's garbage tones in person.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I have a strong feeling a mod just might ban you for saying you hope not to get banned lol

EDIT: and because you were dumb enough to create a multi
Originally Posted by NAME GOES HERE
Dude, with a name like Cannibal Corpse, what were you expecting? Ponies and rainbows?

Quote by Skierinanutshel

+1
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
Yeah I know you can't really have fun and mess with people here as much

Also, I'll admit, those recto clips didn't sound too bad, but good micing and good eqing can do a lot for an amp, so like you said, you have to hear it's garbage tones in person.

Personally I find the EQ on the spiders to be unresponsive, they don't do anything. Except for the bass, Boomy, or slightly less boomy?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

ffs, this kind of thing has been done to death and nobody gives a shit.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
FWIW, I agree with you. Too many people use their eyes as opposed to their ears.

That said, the Spider III is still a terrible amp at any wattage over 30.
You guys do realize the clips in his profile are ripped directly off of the Line 6 website, right?

Number 5 on his profile is the same as the Slipknot setting on this page if you don't believe me:

http://line6.com/spideriii/sounds01.html
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
*Reported*

Multis are against the rules.

About the GG&A thing being too biased.

What has two thumbs and doesn't give a shit?

[picture]

Take it easy, it's nothing personal

I like your 2204 btw
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Quote by injected
Take it easy, it's nothing personal

I like your 2204 btw

Rules are rules.

It's nothing personal, but if you're going to be captain obvious about how this forum works, I'm going to tell you off.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.