ok, ive been workin on this solo for about 2 weeks and ive come to a part that is just harder than the rest. i stopped making progress and im not getting any better at it. at all. im kinda starting to get pissed off... i know they say to get better the answer is practice practice practice so why is that not working? *sigh*
Practice more, it works.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
^ hahahahahahahahahahha

just cuz you said dont laugh
Originally Posted by NAME GOES HERE
Dude, with a name like Cannibal Corpse, what were you expecting? Ponies and rainbows?

Maybe you're just not practicing correctly. That's happened to me before and I just changed the way I practice and I got it so fast. I say reevaluate the way you're taking the solo.

EDIT: OMG Sweet Child O' Mine r u serius!!???!?
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
ah hahahahahahaha! jk which part is it
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
Quote by FFFDFEFRFKFFF
Maybe you're just not practicing correctly. That's happened to me before and I just changed the way I practice and I got it so fast. I say reevaluate the way you're taking the solo.

how do i do that?
Take a break from playing guitar in general or from that solo for a while. You won't get better if you are constantly frustrated.
Schecter C-1 Classic
Seagull S6
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Epiphone Valve Junior Combo
Quote by marathon2615
ok, ive been workin on this solo for about 2 weeks and ive come to a part that is just harder than the rest. i stopped making progress and im not getting any better at it. at all. im kinda starting to get pissed off... i know they say to get better the answer is practice practice practice so why is that not working? *sigh*

Play it slowly. Play it 10 times perfectly, each time you make a mistake start the count over.

Play it as slowly as is required for you to get it perfect.

If you can do it 10 times perfectly, increase speed.

Lather, rinse, repeat until you can play it perfectly at full speed.

It certainly won't take 2 weeks, probably a few days of an hour practice a day.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
practice makes perfect is a false statement

perfect practice makes perfect is how it should be.
just give it all u got everytime
Originally Posted by bchoun
Whenever I went to take a dump, I would sit on the toilet facing the tank. I always thought the tank was an arm rest so I would rest my arms on it.
Quote by Øttər
Play it slowly. Play it 10 times perfectly, each time you make a mistake start the count over.

Play it as slowly as is required for you to get it perfect.

If you can do it 10 times perfectly, increase speed.

Lather, rinse, repeat until you can play it perfectly at full speed.

It certainly won't take 2 weeks, probably a few days of an hour practice a day.

ive been tryin to nail it full speed every time...
Quote by marathon2615
ive been tryin to nail it full speed every time...

There's the problem.

You have to slow it down when you practice it. It helps you figure out the best way to play it, in terms of both fretting hand position and picking technique.

Once you find a way to play it comfortably (at a slow speed), then you gradually increase the tempo. Just going for broke at full speed every time isn't going to get you far, as you've undoubtedly seen at this point.
My Space Add me, I want some UG people on there

Gear
Squier Strat
Ibanez RG7321
OLP John Petrucci Sig Model
'78 Martin D-28
Line 6 Spider II 15 Watt
Peavey Backstage 15 Watt

Carpe Diem...
...Seize the Day