Yamaha FG730S
Peavey Predator
1961 Acoustic Kay
Classical Rhapsody
Zakk Wylde Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss SD-1
Quote by dst127
It's in D.
Your posts should be noticed because of their content, not a ridiculous signature.

You are correct, but wouldn't it make sense to explain why, perhaps?

When you're clearly in a major key, one of the big "signals" for the tonic, the root of the key, is a dominant chord. In a major key, the V (five) chord is dominant: 1 3 5 b7. In this case, A7 is dominant, as it conatins the notes A, C#, E, and G. That tritone between C# and G creates a lot of tension that wants to resolve somewhere. That somewhere is D; not surprisingly, the V chord of D major is A.

Edit: G and obviously D are in the key of D major as well, so their are no chromatic, out-of-key, tones with which you need to deal.
And even more simply (and yes, that is all correct, and the answer I would have given if you hadn't beat me to it), if you write down all the notes in the chords you get this...

G - G B D
A7 - A C# E G
D - D F# A

That gives you two sharps... C# and F#... which is key of D.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
You are correct, but wouldn't it make sense to explain why, perhaps?

When you're clearly in a major key, one of the big "signals" for the tonic, the root of the key, is a dominant chord. In a major key, the V (five) chord is dominant: 1 3 5 b7. In this case, A7 is dominant, as it conatins the notes A, C#, E, and G. That tritone between C# and G creates a lot of tension that wants to resolve somewhere. That somewhere is D; not surprisingly, the V chord of D major is A.

Edit: G and obviously D are in the key of D major as well, so their are no chromatic, out-of-key, tones with which you need to deal.

That's awesome, I wish everyone would break things down like that, so that people wouldn't argue about it for the next 20 posts.
Agreed.
+1
My Rig:
Schecter 006 Diamond Series (Discontinued) Flat Black
Jackson JS30RR Metallic Blue
Line 6 Spider II 210
Boss TU-2
Sennheiser E835-S

Current Top 3:
Between the Buried and Me (Always)
The Faceless
Murder By Death