Uhh I dunno how to help but...
What I did was I just learned songs with fingerpicking in them. First, I learned blackbird, then hey there delilah, then dust in the wind. =)
~Carl
Quote by DoubleyouW
Uhh I dunno how to help but...
What I did was I just learned songs with fingerpicking in them. First, I learned blackbird, then hey there delilah, then dust in the wind. =)

lol dude I told my teacher that I want to start learning how to finger pick and hese got me playing blackbird too.
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Well, since i played acoustic guitar for 2 years before starting with electric and i only fingerpicked on the acoustic. i had to learn how to use a pick on the electric which was quite challenging.
after after a 4 year guitar break i started playing again about 3 months ago.
the first song i learned was nothing else matter from metallica, i suggest trying to play that too with fingerpicking ofc. i only use my pick on the solo.
in my opinion it isnt a hard song to learn and in it there are single string parts, 2-3 strings at the same time and strumming.

Sorry if you might not understand everything i said since my english aint the best. (dutch)
Yeah, Blackbird's a great introduction to fingerpicking, and it sounds great

Learning fingerpicking is almost entirely about right hand technique. Songs that are primarily fingerpicked are great for learning at first because they get that right hand moving. The way I learned was by songs also, stuff like Blackbird (The Beatles), Spanish Romance, Dust in the Wind (Kansas), Classical Gas (Mason Williams), etc. PIMA is important to remember and those songs are a great tutorial.

Also, try searching and asking in the Acoustic and Classical forum, those guys know their chops
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play