Page 1 of 2
For my psych class I need to watch a movie and write a review about it and explain how it relates to psychology.

Any suggestions for a movie?

I can't do the following movies as we've already seen them in class:
Awakenings
Primal Fear
The Clockwork Orange
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Do either Memento or I Am Legend.

Or you can do 12 Monkeys.
Last edited by Seryaph at Nov 9, 2008,
Fight Club? I can't see what actual area of psychology/research or theorists you'll link it to though.

Meh couldn't you put a psychological slant on most films? Sixth Sense?
Equilibrium, with Christian Bale. It has a lot to do with drug-induced brainwashing. And GUNS!!
The Mothman Prophecies.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

sybil

very good score for this movie too
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
Quote by Colgate Total
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

This is probably the best idea i can think of actually.

Quote by Mazzakazza
12 Angry Men relates to eyewitness testimony.

Haha yeah we saw a bit of that last year for AS.
Das Experiment, a German movie about an experiment that has been done in for real a little while ago. It's about a group of men that apply for the experiment. They are divided into prisoners and guards for a week or something and then they're behaviour is being monitored. Really shocking but great movie (even if you realise this happened for real)!

I think your teacher should have seen it, because it's a really famous movie (won a lot of prizes and stuff too). Anyway be sure to check it out!

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250258/
Zeitgeist...
Um...
A Beautiful mind

Edit: ^- Never mind already said.

ummm...There's a movie with Jack Nicholson and Christopher Floyd in it that's about how this guy goes into a mental institute and it's about his experiences in there and it just shows how things can affect a human and whether or not the people back then were actually helping their patients.

Started his career too
Last edited by ChrisL120 at Nov 9, 2008,
Spongebob Squarepants?
Quote by Shinobi1791

Damn you Sludge Metal community! We want Trent Reznor back.
That's what we had to do for the psych course paper in my class...

Rain Man, A Beautiful Mind...
Secret Window, the main theme in the movie is a psychological disorder.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Quote by AA00P
A Beautiful Mind...

I was gonna say this
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by bvice
Das Experiment, a German movie about an experiment that has been done in for real a little while ago. It's about a group of men that apply for the experiment. They are divided into prisoners and guards for a week or something and then they're behaviour is being monitored. Really shocking but great movie (even if you realise this happened for real)!

I think your teacher should have seen it, because it's a really famous movie (won a lot of prizes and stuff too). Anyway be sure to check it out!

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250258/

I dunno if his teacher has actually seen that movie, it looks like it is just a somewhat fictional movie based on the Stanford Prison Experiment.

Now that experiment is something that I am SURE she has studied in depth, even my sociology teachers studied that experiment thoroughly. And it is some freaky shit.
Quote by ChrisL120
Um...
A Beautiful mind

Edit: ^- Never mind already said.

ummm...There's a movie with Jack Nicholson and Christopher Floyd in it that's about how this guy goes into a mental institute and it's about his experiences in there and it just shows how things can affect a human and whether or not the people back then were actually helping their patients.

Started his career too

one flew over the cucoos nest
Quote by mike.h
For my psych class I need to watch a movie and write a review about it and explain how it relates to psychology.

Any suggestions for a movie?

I can't do the following movies as we've already seen them in class:
Awakenings
Primal Fear
The Clockwork Orange

the butterfly effect
Quote by vash_08
one flew over the cucoos nest

THAT ONE! Good movie, watch it.

Pretty funny too
Quote by ImpStarJay
Equilibrium, with Christian Bale. It has a lot to do with drug-induced brainwashing. And GUNS!!

its actually related to the distopian book "fahrenheit 451" by this broadbury guy or what his name was.....read it. awesome book
Thinking about it, psychology is just about understanding people's behaviour so really can't you look at any film you want and then just explain characters' behaviour or thinking? Even a pile of wank crappy rom-com like that "Failure to Launch" could be used couldn't it?

Also: Dr Strangelove would have some good room to discuss paranoia, and you can discuss it in terms of the social context of the time too. It be a classic.
Quote by *powerslave*
Equus?

Oh, gawd, is that the film with the horse's head? Arrghhh.

I was going to suggest "Girl, Interrupted". About a girl who gets admitted to a mental asylum in the 60s, and the people she meets there.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by MadClownDisease
Thinking about it, psychology is just about understanding people's behaviour so really can't you look at any film you want and then just explain characters' behaviour or thinking? Even a pile of wank crappy rom-com like that "Failure to Launch" could be used couldn't it?

Also: Dr Strangelove would have some good room to discuss paranoia, and you can discuss it in terms of the social context of the time too. It be a classic.

Yeah it's just much easier to write about a movie directly related to psychology. It's a lot more work to analyze a movie that doesn't have any obvious ties to psych.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
How about Pi (paranoid schizophrenia), Swingers (depression?), or Rambo: first blood
(post traumatic stress disorder).
Quote by Faux
Toy Story, analyze buzz lightyear

I think Toy Story would actually be a good one, about Woody being a reject and stuff.
the shining

you got to see a clockwork orange in class? doesn't it have a sex scene? a very minimally edited one?
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
Page 1 of 2