I was looking into getting an Epiphone Valve Junior but while I was searching I saw the Epiphone Valve Special.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/epiphone-valve-5w/68249

It looks like the Special has a lot more to offer than the Junior, but i dont really know too much about it, so can you give me some general information.

Also how does the Junior sound without mods?

Cheers.
Guitar: Fender Standard Tele

Amp: Marshall JCM900 4100

Pedals: Boss DS-1, Dunlop Crybaby, Dancelectro CC-1, Ibanez LU-20
I thought the valve junior sounded pretty muddy to me. Maybe with some mods it could sound good, but I'd rather mod a nice sounding amp to make it great. IMO

Never played the special so I can't comment.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
The only problem is that i'm not to comfortable modding amps because i don't know too much about them and i'm that good with a soldering iron.
Guitar: Fender Standard Tele

Amp: Marshall JCM900 4100

Pedals: Boss DS-1, Dunlop Crybaby, Dancelectro CC-1, Ibanez LU-20
They I wouldn't buy an amp planning to mod it. You could have a pro do the mods, but thats not very cost effective.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
^ +1

i bought the VJ meaning to mod it and haven't got around to it yet- but i thought it sounded alright stock, and sounds a bit different to my engl, so i'm not terribly annoyed even if i never get round to modding it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've found that an EQ pedal really clears up the muddyness, then add in a good Overdrive and it's orgasmic.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
With a Vj an EQ pedal really does wonders.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD