I don’t think they make these anymore. Eric Clapton used to use one. Has anybody used it?

I heard it’s some sort of treble booster: http://www.tonecandy.com/vintage.html

What does that mean? How does it work? Is it like some sort of preamp? How does it make your guitar output sound?

Thanks, guys.
It's a treble boost, it boosts treble.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Yep, it boosts the treble of your guitar signal (also all frequencies through mids etc) but how it works is it tends to give more boost to the higher frequencies. It sends tubes into overdrive.

I built one, it doesn't tend to work with modern amps that well as it's designed for dark vintage amps like the normal channel of an AC30 or something.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
Yep, it boosts the treble of your guitar signal (also all frequencies through mids etc) but how it works is it tends to give more boost to the higher frequencies. It sends tubes into overdrive.

I built one, it doesn't tend to work with modern amps that well as it's designed for dark vintage amps like the normal channel of an AC30 or something.

Would a Dallas Rangemaster work on a Mesa Boogie or a Divide by 13 amp?
well, they aren't made anymore, so if you can find a good clone pick it up and try it out. you can always sell it again if you don't like it.
Quote by MrCarrot
it doesn't tend to work with modern amps that well as it's designed for dark vintage amps like the normal channel of an AC30 or something.

Would a Dallas Rangemaster work on a Mesa Boogie amp or a Divided by 13 amp?
Yes, but I would recommend, if you build one (which is what I did), to experiment with different input capacitors.
Mine has a rotary switch to choose between 6 different input caps. I vary the settings based on amp and guitar I'm using, as a different capacitor value will favor/accentuate a different setup, usually.

Like MrCarrot said, the original value used in the Dallas Rangemaster is good for darker voiced amps. however, if you increase the size of the input cap, it opens up what "range" the Dallas Rangemaster is boosting.
I have a Rangemaster clone. To start with Eric NEVER used a Rangemaster. No sources states it (he says himself that the wah was the first pedal he used) and the only source stating it now is GUitar Geek (which even states that it isn't reliable). Also it doesn't sound like he does use one either.

Also it boosts the signal in the treble frequencies, but no tthe actual treble.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009