Hey I recently got Pro tools M-Powered 7, and I have a few wee quick questions to ask if anyone can help.

1] Can you use stuff youve recorded from this with Reason? ( And Vice Versa?)

2] I recently tried recording on it, which i could do, but when I listened back through th headphones, my there was crackling. My guitar is an old squire strat, but I dont think its the cause as when im monitering myself when I record, theres no crackling.

I recently bought a new guitar too, brought it to a proper studio w/ my band, and to my horror found out it was crackling throught the amp and headphones. But it doesnt seem like its my start doing it this time tho.

My headphones are "studio" headphones BUT theyre a cheap ass pair of sonys, boiught em for like 20 quid (not for recording, just for using with my ipod. Could it be these?

I dont have a god pair of speakers to plug into yet so

By the by im usin an M-audio Fast track usb sound card.. just if any ones had this problem and found it was with this.

Thank you for any help, and im sorry if this shouldnt be in here but, i havent been on UG in a loooong time (tho im constantly signed in) and i checked but didnt see a specifc recording thread.
member number 14 of the UG John frusciante fan club

Founder of the 'the John Frusciante ****ing sucks!Club!" sucks, club!
You can export the audio track-by-track and move that from program to program but I dont think you can jump between your programs without exporting as they are different companies.

If your guitar is making static and such bring it in for repair or if you know enough about the electronics, look at it yourself. It could be a bad solder joint somewhere. Being that it's new you could probably get the store you bought it from to look it over for free.
To rule out the phones being the problem, try different ones...

As for static on playback from your computer, it could be a buffer setting. Go into the prefs page and make the proper adjustments.

Lastly, be sure you have the latest M-Audio drivers from their site. Dont just trust the ones on the CD...they could be older.

BTW You are in the correct forum now