i've tested a Schecter Demon FR (6 strings) and i really liked it. i am planning to save for a new guitar.

any other guitars that i should test that are as much as the demon (or less)? I play metal (megadeth, iron maiden) and hard rock (AC/DC).

so any other guitars to test before i make my mind? please, no guitars more expensive than the demon...

I don't care if they don't have a Floyd
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Test all the guitars you like the look of and can afford; you might find a gem among them.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i am planning to test the Dean VMNTX that is lowered price. and also has a body type i love... but i think it is bad in comparison...

any other guitars i should try?
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Have a look at the Ibanez S series, the models range in price. I played one a few days ago and it was very nice.
If you don't care if they have a floyd get one without a floyd. It'll save you some tuning hassle.
don't buy a guitar because of the price.. you'll be sad until you can afford another. buy a guitar because of the feel, so try out EVERYTHING you can afford.
Try every guitar in the store and then go to another and try every guitar there and so forth. I am lucky to live in Bosotn, Ma and there are stores all around me usually every weekend I vist three or four stores and try out mostly used guitars but when I see something new I'll pull it down and give it a shot. My only rule is play the guitar on the same type or a very similar one to what you play unless your planning on buying an amp as well. Guitars can sound a lot different at the music store than when you plug in at home. Do not be afraid to buy used most of the guitars in my collection are used and bout at a fraction of the price of a new guitar.