I'm a guitarist in a small band and i need a pedal that helps make my solos more full and give them a boost instead of just using the high gain on my Crate GTD65 which doesn't sound to great. We play some new kinda heavy rock and some classic stuff and i was thinking about getting a metal muff with top boost. I just wanted to know if it could help my solos with my Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and if not what would?
The top boost gets pretty shrill quite easilly, its easier to fatten out your sound than boost it, id recomend a clean boost on a gain channel for a lead tone, or an overdrive pedal set up to give a boost
I don't really play metal, but i'll take a look at it. I want the lead kinda squeal tone sorta. I was looking at the tubescreamer TS-9 also, but i didn't know if it would sound good without a tube amp. Any advice on it????
Well u gotta remember that the Metal Zone is just not for metal. People have this misunderstanding.
It is good for a lot of different types of music, u just gotta play around with the knobs to get amazing sounds. Metal zone is excellent for lead and solos too.
That's cool. So it's more than what my Gtd65 puts out from high gain surely lol. I just didn't know how much effect it had on a overall sound of leads or solos.
Well I could be bias only because I've had bad expiriences with boss high-gain pedals.

I would get a new amp though only because pedals will respond better with a tube amp.

And if you could save, the "all in one" pedal is the Visual Sound Jeckle and Hyde (sp?)
alrite, with $300 go fulltone if you can. the Fulldrive is an amazing overdrive/dist pedal, and one of the best out there.

also, the OCD is an amazing overdrive.

for non-fulltone, look at the MI audio crunch box for a british-style high-gain disto. or the blues pro for an overdrive style pedal.

do not buy a boss/digitech/ehx pedal if you have that much to spend
So these would all help my lead and solo tone?? Is that radial tonebone pedal good with a non-tube amp? What does it exactly do?
Last edited by Clearwater1234 at Nov 9, 2008,
first off you should plan on getting a new amp
secondly, a eq pedal could give you a boost in terms of volume and cutting through the mix, its not really a gain thing its a volume thing
and the metal muff is a pretty decent pedal for metal, the top boost is pretty shrill though
and as already stated boss distortions=pain in the ass
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
no pedal will really take place of getting the proper amp
what is your budget, styles, what volumes do you need etc.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Like $300 I play some classic rock and some new heavy rock, and the volume idk, usually pretty loud, but i mic my amp and run it through our mixer to our speakers
i would say probably a peavey classic 30 if you can stretch to it, maybe the crate if you can't get the classic
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Classic 30, or crate v33 would be great for you ts, no point in buying a distortion pedal that costs more than the amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Classic 30, or crate v33 would be great for you ts, no point in buying a distortion pedal that costs more than the amp.

well said
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE