Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, this looked like the best place to post this question:

I'm planning on buying this ukulele: http://folk-instruments.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lanikai-LU21-Standard-Ukulele?sku=512519

However, I'm left-handed.

Would it be OK to re-string it for a lefty? And by "OK", I mean there would be no problems putting the strings on, no difference in sound quality, etc.

Thank you very much.
I think you'd need to file the nut.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
You may not even have to change anything at all on a cheaper instrument like that. You'll probably be OK just restringing it backwards.
Quote by jimtaka
You may not even have to change anything at all on a cheaper instrument like that. You'll probably be OK just restringing it backwards.

Your right, in fact, on my ukulele I didn't even restring it, the 2 outside strings are roughly the same gauge and so are the 2 inside strings. So rather that "stringing" it in reverse, I "tuned" it in reverse
If you like reentrant tuning (High G, GCEA), it should be fine. If you like low G (gCEA) tuning, then you might have the file the nut. I doubt it, though--cheap ukes probably aren't built to that kind of tolerance.