Grunge
15 32%
Screamin Blues
7 15%
Bad Monkey
25 53%
Voters: 47.
Page 1 of 2
Everyone knows that amp distortion sucks most of the time. I have a DigiTech Hot Head distortion pedal right now, but I've had it a few years, and i don't think it's got much sound left to it. It has less quality than when I first got it.. so I want something new.

I'm looking at;
The DigiTech Screamin Blues Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal
The DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
and
The DigiTech DBM Bad Monkey Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal

I seem to like them all in different ways... but which should I get?

I play Rock and Roll, Heavy Metal, Classic Rock, Alternative, etc.

My top 4 influences are: AC/DC GUNS N ROSES DRAGONFORCE and AEROSMITH

Now you know what I like to play, and my way of sound... So what do you think suits me best?...

For me, it's so far;
Grunge: 35.1%
Screamin Blues: 32.5%
Bad Monkey: 32.4%

But I crave your peoples opinions!

So please Help!!!
Give It All, Give It, Give It What You Got, Come on Give It All A Lot!
Amp distortion sucks most of the time? Ha, not if you have a good amp.

What amp do you have?
Same here, i say give Boss Metal Zone M2 a try. Its good for a lot of types of rock. You can mess around with the knobs to create amazing sounds.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Amp distortion sucks most of the time? Ha, not if you have a good amp.

What amp do you have?

Edit:
Quote by bfloyd6969
I'd opt for the Boss MT2 Metal Zone. Remember they're not just for metal . . .

Yeah, not only for metal, they work well if you want to have crappy tone, also!

Just my opinion, man.
digitech pedals aren't going to be much of a step up, look at the BOSS DS-2, it is pretty good from what I hear. Or maybe the MT-2.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
amp distortions suck? what kind of amp do you have? because that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard. no distortion pedal in the world can compete with a real tube amp distortion, and the pedals that sound great often produce a lot of noise and hiss...
Quote by Weepin_Guitar
amp distortions suck? what kind of amp do you have? because that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard. no distortion pedal in the world can compete with a real tube amp distortion, and the pedals that sound great often produce a lot of noise and hiss...

This man knows where it's at!
Dude you need to get some knowledge about distortion, amp distortion does not suck, and its called overdrive, and Digitech pedals suck, they're all paited for little kids to get excited, and Boss beats Digitech on every turf. I'd suggest Boss DS-1 or DS-2, that grunge pedal you're considering is trying to market the sound of grunge, Kurt Cobain actually used a Boss DS-1 on Smells Like Teen Spirit. Stop looking at toys and take something from Boss, btw if you think amp distortion sucks than your amp must suck
Methinks the fool probably uses a Line 6 Spyder II, and just cuz the red insane is shit, that amps suck. Well, my friend, you are wrong on all fronts, dont buy any of those, if you want crushing distortion that will make your grandmother randy, get the metal Muff.
if you want the classic marshall crunch, get the MI Audio Crunch box, and use a boost to get the extra gain for metal.

if you are using the amps on your profile (which made me nauseous reading) and if that marshall is tube, i would go with the crunch box, or a fulltone OCD.

again, no boss or digitech if you can help it. the metal muff is good, but for the bands you listed the crunch box or OCD are better.
Screamin blues out of your options..responds very well to dynamics..sounds great on its own, as well as a pre-amp booster

although I would recommend the zvex box of rock
Quote by alternatex
Kurt Cobain actually used a Boss DS-2

Fix'd

Anyway, I agree with getting a Boss Get a DS-1, DS-2, or MD-2
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by ACDCrox74
Everyone knows that amp distortion sucks most of the time. I have a DigiTech Hot Head distortion pedal right now, but I've had it a few years, and i don't think it's got much sound left to it. It has less quality than when I first got it.. so I want something new.

*laughs at the fail*

Angus Young recorded all his best stuff with a cranked Marshall JTM45 and no distortion pedals. Slash uses his Silver Jubilees and no distortion pedals, I'd put money on Aerosmith relying predominantly on their amps and Dragonforce run their guitars through a NES.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Nov 10, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull

*laughs at the fail*

Angus Young recorded all his best stuff with a cranked Marshall JTM45 and no distortion pedals. Slash uses his Silver Jubilees and no distortion pedals, I'd put money on Aerosmith relying predominantly on their amps and Dragonforce run their guitars through a NES.

Wait... Why am I laughing at something that's not even a joke?
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Hitler Is Love
get the BOSS metalzone. every metal distortion you need in one pedal

Uch i'm lost for something to say not only because the MT-2 is crap, but because your username makes me think of so many sick jokes i could respond with that get the message across just as well as me saying its crap...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
Uch i'm lost for something to say not only because the MT-2 is crap, but because your username makes me think of so many sick jokes i could respond with that get the message across just as well as me saying its crap...

To be honest I don't think he'll be around long once the mods get wind of his username and avatar
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
To be honest I don't think he'll be around long once the mods get wind of his username and avatar

yeah

this is why i don't want to post a joke about it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Quote by ACDCrox74
\

Wouldnt the the 'Marshall half stack' and a nice OD in your gear list provide enough distortion

....I dunno
Quote by Blompcube
yeah

this is why i don't want to post a joke about it.

too true - I thought about it, but then though better of it...

...and it's not often that happens

Oh, and the MT2 sucks donkey balls - it's anything but versatile.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by IamViva
Wouldnt the the 'Marshall half stack' and a nice OD in your gear list provide enough distortion

....I dunno

its probably a marshall MG100HDFX with a MG412A cab. Which would be why he thinks "amp distortion sucks most of the time".

Quote by DeltaFunk
Fix'd

Anyway, I agree with getting a Boss Get a DS-1, DS-2, or MD-2

yeah MD-2 totaly rocks, forgot to mention it
Quote by alternatex
and what would you use my friend?

In the threadstarters situation, i'd go out and try a real amp, to be honest. if your amp has made you just assume that amp distortion sucks most of the time, pedals are not the answer.

i know that doesn't really have much to do with your question, nor was your question directed at me. i guess i just happened to hit the quote button when i didn't really need to

Quote by Skierinanutshel
well, i have an MI Audio crunch box for disto, and a Pi for fuzz. prob gonna add a line boost of some sort along the way.

once i get my rocker 30, i'll be set.

truth be told everything depends on the budget, and when it comes to non-expensive light stompboxes with killer quality, boss earns respect
Quote by alternatex
truth be told everything depends on the budget, and when it comes to non-expensive light stompboxes with killer quality, boss earns respect

I believe sir your thinking of Electroharmonix not boss.

As of now, I own a Boss BF-2 flanger, because it's a 1980s MIJ model, not one of those new taiwan flangers. (and it was a hand-me-down)
I own a TU-2 Tuner becuase tuning is essential.
I happen to have a PS-5 pitch shifter. This was from before I found out the whammy existed.
The only REASON I have a DS-1 is to mod the living shit out of it.

Boss pedals are not incrediably needed if you have the patience to save a little.
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
I agree- I have yet to find an amp distortion I really like. I use a Boss DS-1 though.

Sister how many amps have you played!
Quote by Skierinanutshel
since you posted this in gear ads and not GG&A like you should have, i cant edit my posts.

what is your budget? this is very important. very important.

Don't really have one... 100$ i guess. I can prolly go a little over.

and right now im leaning towards the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone.
So don't worry about the 3 i named, just give me your other opinions everybody.
The metal muff wasn't leaning towards my direction.. so not that one. and the boss ds1 and ds2 aren't either.
But were getting closer.
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
I agree- I have yet to find an amp distortion I really like. I use a Boss DS-1 though.

THANK YOU! i know everyone's saying amps have good distortion... WELL NOT ALL!!!
Page 1 of 2