I've liked concept albums for a long time already, and lately I've been really getting interested in apocalyptic themes. I already have several concept albums, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend me more, particularly ones with apocalyptic themes/apocalyptic storylines. I'm not going to list the albums I already have, because that's too tedious really, but I'd really appreciate if you could recommend me some.

Thanks.
'Mew - and the glass handed kites' is a fantastic concept album... actually it is my all time favourite album!

I think it kinda feels apocalyptic at times... i also think it has some very heavy guitar, eventhough it's almost clean most of the time...
i don't know if it's the type of thing you're looking for, but it's a very dark and surreal album...
i think you should give it a serious listen, 'couse it takes some getting used to.
Just remember, the album should be listened to as a whole, and not each song individually!

PS. it even has a song named Apocalypso

EDIT: This is not a metal album!
Last edited by aquelse at Nov 11, 2008,
Ayreon's Universal Migrator is sort of apocalyptic in the sense the main character is the last man alive.
Would "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" by Iron Maiden be considered apocalyptic?
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.