What do you guys think about these computer-interfaced effect pedal-things? I've never owned a pedal before and I think these look pretty cool. What are the differnces between them? Which is better? How is the quality? Are they worth the money?

Thanks a lot.
I have guitarport, I bought it from ebay for like $50. I like it alright, the amp models and effects are decent and I use cakewalk software to record on my pc. for $50 I think it was a great deal but I'm sure there are similar products out there that do a better job.
Neither of them are ''computer interfaced effect pedals'' they are interfaces that run off usb. I own the toneport UX2 and it is very good for the money. It's good for someone who is new and looking to getting started in recording.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Quote by halfback_712
What do you guys think about these computer-interfaced effect pedal-things? I've never owned a pedal before and I think these look pretty cool. What are the differnces between them? Which is better? How is the quality? Are they worth the money?

Thanks a lot.

They're the same thing. The Guitar Port is the base model of sorts. The UX1 and UX2 have more options.

If you just want to use it for guitar, get Guitar Port.

I have a clip or 2 on my profile if you want to check them out.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
They're the same thing. The Guitar Port is the base model of sorts. The UX1 and UX2 have more options.

If you just want to use it for guitar, get Guitar Port.

I have a clip or 2 on my profile if you want to check them out.

What do you mean by "more options?" Can you record on a Guitar Port as well as the Tone Port? What can the Tone Port do that Gutiar Port can't?
Quote by halfback_712
What do you mean by "more options?" Can you record on a Guitar Port as well as the Tone Port? What can the Tone Port do that Gutiar Port can't?

The Tone Ports have options for mics and other instruments if need be.

The Guitar Port is just for guitar.

You know they both use the same interface for tones right?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The Tone Ports have options for mics and other instruments if need be.

The Guitar Port is just for guitar.

You know they both use the same interface for tones right?

No, I didn't lol. That's a pretty important piece of info. Can I record on either of the two 'Ports and get drumlines and overlap guitar parts and such? Also do you by chance know of any major differences between the UX1 and UX2
Quote by halfback_712
No, I didn't lol. That's a pretty important piece of info. Can I record on either of the two 'Ports and get drumlines and overlap guitar parts and such? Also do you by chance know of any major differences between the UX1 and UX2

You can't overlap anything with Tone Port and Guitar Port. The program is just for the tones.

UX1 has one input for guitar and one input for mics.
UX2 has two inputs for guitar and two inputs for mics.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You can't overlap anything with Tone Port and Guitar Port. The program is just for the tones.

UX1 has one input for guitar and one input for mics.
UX2 has two inputs for guitar and two inputs for mics.

Hmmm...There's a lot of vids on YouTube about people recording on these and editing and whatnot.
Quote by halfback_712
Hmmm...There's a lot of vids on YouTube about people recording on these and editing and whatnot.

It's a different program.

Man, I have Tone Port, I know what I'm talking about.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
It's a different program.

Man, I have Tone Port, I know what I'm talking about.

Lol ok. I trust ya. Is "Gearbox" the inteface Toneport uses?
Quote by halfback_712
Lol ok. I trust ya. Is "Gearbox" the inteface Toneport uses?

Yeah.

Gearbox has all the Pod models and Line 6 sells extra 'amps' for cash.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah.

Gearbox has all the Pod models and Line 6 sells extra 'amps' for cash.

Alright. Their site says it has like 25 different amp tones and mimics certain pedal effects etc. Does it also have a bunch of preset effects like the Digitech pedals do?
Quote by halfback_712
Alright. Their site says it has like 25 different amp tones and mimics certain pedal effects etc. Does it also have a bunch of preset effects like the Digitech pedals do?

Guitar Port isn't a pedal.

It has amp presets.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Guitar Port isn't a pedal.

It has amp presets.

Lol yes, I know its not a pedal, but does it not have pedal presets as well? I'm pretty sure that Guitarport does. I think it may even have preset effects like those digitech pedals do.
Quote by halfback_712
Lol yes, I know its not a pedal, but does it not have pedal presets as well? I'm pretty sure that Guitarport does. I think it may even have preset effects like those digitech pedals do.

Gearbox has chorus pedals, distortion pedals and some other modulation effects.

It has a TS9 knock off, a ProCo Rat Knock off, a Cry-Baby knock off, etc...
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster