I recently bought a tele from a fellow forumite over at the HC boards, and it has a walnut body with a maple top. I know that bass' are sometimes made from walnut, but rarely if ever have i seen a guitar made of it. Since I haven't recieved it yet, and haven't been able to judge the tone, I was wondering if anyone knew what the general tonal characteristics of walnut are.

Here are a few pics of it :

and the front :

When I get it I'll be sure to do a NGD in EG with some pictures of my own.
a tele with emg single coils made of walnut...

I dont know what walnut sounds like, but I'm pretty sure that the sound is going to be one of a kind.
that thing is gorgeous, congrats. on topic, i know nothing about walnut, but ul have to let me know if it sounds as good as it looks
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
With EMGs the tone will be damn hot, not sure what qualities the walnut will mix in though because actives are overpowering for the most part.
*shrugs* I don't know...
http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_bodywoods.cfm

Luxurious coloring and grain patterns are the earmarks of Walnut. Whether using an oil finish or a deep clear gloss, the pleasing appeal of Walnut always delivers. This is an open grained wood. Walnut is in the heavy weight category but it's not quite as heavy as hard maple. It has a similar sound to hard maple but it tends not to be as bright.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Walnut (Juglans nigra):
Luxurious coloring and grain patterns are the earmarks of Walnut. Whether using an oil finish or a deep clear gloss, the pleasing appeal of Walnut always delivers. This is an open grained wood. Walnut is in the heavy weight category but it's not quite as heavy as hard maple. It has a similar sound to hard maple but it tends not to be as bright.

Lifted from Warmoth.

edit
F*ck you chuckflan333!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Yeah, I'm not a fan of EMG's, but I've head nothing but good things about their tele set, and thanks for that link chuck. I think it's pretty gorgeous too
Somewhere between maple and mahogany............

I know that's not very specific haha!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by Chrisiphone
Lifted from Warmoth.

edit
F*ck you chuckflan333!

Love you too.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO