Morning peeps.

I have a Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster electrical guitar and a Fender Blues Deluxe Amp.

The amp is pretty versatile as it can play rock, country and blues (I regard that my guitar can do that too) - it has a clean, warm tone.

Now, my question is, what complementary parts (FX modelling processors, pedals etc.) could I perhaps use to get a more 'hard rock' ; 'old rock' ; 'classic rock' sound?

Examples of the 'sound' I am talking about are the following bands:

Guns N' Roses, Queen, Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, The Beatles and so forth.

-Just imagine having that hard rock sound that Slash produces when playing "Sweet Child O' Mine"-

Please, don't tell me to get a new amp or guitar.

Thanks in advance!
^Pretty much. You'll never get a fender to sound like a marshall, but you can certainly try.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Thanks for the prompt responses.

What EQ and Overdrive pedals would you recommend?

I'm a virgin when it comes to these components.
Well, on the cheap a digitech bad monkey and a dano fish n chips would be fine. If you've got some money to spend, something like a fulltone ocd or fulldrive 2 would be great paired with a mxr ten band eq. We just need a budget and we can narrow it down.
Okay.

Well, I've spent $3000 for the guitar and amp. (I live in South Africa)

I'd probably say, I could fork out $200 for now - I probably can't buy jack with that amount.

Thanks again! Much appreciated!

-edit-

Thanks. I'll do some research on the products you guys named!
Hmm, where are you buying stuff? Can you give us an idea of how much 200 dollars is worth there? I'm thinking you might only be able to get an ok overdrive pedal like the bad monkey or a BBE green screamer. I think an overdrive would do you a lot more good than an eq if you could only get one.
Well, I bought my rig from my local music store through a Fender Wholesaler at 'wholesale' price, I can assure you that.

Well, for $200 which equals about ZAR 1800. I have no idea how to describe what I could buy with it. Maybe if you check out http://www.bothners.co.za/ you could perhaps come to a conclusion? Sorry, I am not trying to sound lazy.

With my budget I could get 1/9th of my Amp or 1/23rd of my guitar. Musical instruments here are pretty expensive and with the current exchange rates with the weak ZAR, buying in US Dollars won't be an option either for now.

I'm willing to wait though...
Quote by Kevin Saale
Well, on the cheap a digitech bad monkey and a dano fish n chips would be fine. If you've got some money to spend, something like a fulltone ocd or fulldrive 2 would be great paired with a mxr ten band eq. We just need a budget and we can narrow it down.

this.

although you might want a tubescreamer instead of a ocd?
just another option if they have that instead of the ocd
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
You might be able to pick up a dano fish n chips and a digitech bad monkey for that much.

EDIT: Sry didnt notice previous posts