Does anybody know any bands that have used or use fretless guitars.i finished mine yesterday and i want to learn some songs on it. I know that Nile uses one a song or tow but i don't remember the name...
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
just play normal stuff that incorporates a lot of slides on your fretless, jazz works really well for this.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Well Ron Thal uses one, Shawn Lane used one sometimes as well, and a few other fusion artists I can't name right now. And by the way, how hard was it to convert a normal fretted guitar to a freless? And how does it play now? I'm really interested in making my old guitar into a fretless and any info would be appreciated.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
I'm not positive but I think that that the solo in Mellowship Slinky is played on a fretless guitar.
But that's just a solo...
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Ron Thal is the only one I can think of.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Its actually fairly easy. My guitar was a horrible $200 Washburn 7 string so it was easy because the frets were already kinda popping out of their slots. But it does kinda chew up the fret board. mine has many chips missing. bu those will be fixed when i fill the slots in. as for playing, the only problem i have is th gauge of strings. i have .011s on it because thats as high as gauge my shops carry for seven strings. I'd go with twelves or else the G, B, and e strings all feel like theres nothing there. Which brings me to another question, Would Archtop strings work for electric guitars? because its in the electric section of JustStrings.com, and they come in .013's, but im not sure if they work with electrics..............
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Nile does not use fretless guitars. In Execration Text he uses a guitar with scalloped frets not the same as fretless. I personally have never even seen a fretless guitar but freltess basses are pretty common.
Quote by Wylde14
obviously if you own an expensive guitar, 500 watt amp, and power tab, you are an unstoppable force of shred
Like other's have said, Ron Thal (or Bumblefoot as he is known) is a big fan of fretless guitars. He uses one on a lot of his solo stuff, and he has stated that he has used one quite a bit on Chinese Democracy as well, so you might want to check that out when it's released.

If you can't wait that long though, the rythm parts in the song "Chinese Democracy" are Bumblefoot on a fretless. You can hear it if you go on the Guns N Roses website.
There's a fretless guitar solo on Cashmere Shiv by Jeff Loomis.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by metal_bassist_1
Nile does not use fretless guitars. In Execration Text he uses a guitar with scalloped frets not the same as fretless. I personally have never even seen a fretless guitar but freltess basses are pretty common.

Yes they do, but it has 11 strings and is tuned like an Oud or something

They use it in Ithyphallic
Jeff Loomis, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, Cristophe Godin, Shawn Lane. < Guitarists.
Jaco Pastorious and Steve DiGiorgio < Bassists.