Basically... xmas is coming up and I killed my old bass (it was broken anyway and couldn't be fixed, the tuning heads sucked, the jack was on its last legs and it was all chipped and old etc so me and a mate set fire to it, smashed it up and then mounted the head on my bedroom wall as an ode to the event and to The Who) but yeah... anyway.

I need a bass that is no more than 250 squid, that's my limit but I can go up to 350ish if i really push it. I really don't like warwick basses, to be honest i'd really prefer a fender jazz/precision shape bass (squire is fine) but obviously i am open to suggestions. It must be 4 string as well. I hate 5 string basses (not through looks, I just think that low B gets in my way when i'm playing stuff like maiden etc).

I play anything from punk to rock'n'roll to jazz to acoustic stuff to oldie metal like maiden, so it's quite a wide range of stuff. More Punk (as in Blink/+44, Green Day, Offspring... *Flame suit on*) than anything else though. I'd prefer a bright, florescent coloured one like pink (AKA Mark Hoppus) . I know it's a tall order but i'm sick of black/white or sunburst ones.

It's going to be used for recording and occasional gigging. Oh... and it has to be left handed. Just to throw a spanner in the works xD

Frankly if anybody finds me anything with HALF of that stuff they can get a whole tub of cookies. I'm in the UK as well, so i'd prefer not to have to pay extortionate import taxes etc.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Squire Vintage Modified Jazz Bass?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Squire Vintage Modified Jazz Bass?

this. or an Ibanez, you can get a SRX maybe, or GSR and a pedal.

maybe a Schecter Stiletto series, if you look about. I got my Scheter Stiletto Elite 5 for 430, which is 215 pounds by my super (in)accurate estimation.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
+1 on the schecter.... OMG they are nice for their price
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
You could look into a Ibanez ATK300, I'm pretty sure I've seen Greg K from the Offspring play one. It'll run you maybe 315 quid brand new.
Before i got a pro bass i went for a Schecter Custom 4. I've been playing it all weekend as it has not been getting any love recently. Its a great bass.
Thanks for the suggestions...

I'm just not seeing left handed versions of them, not online at least.

=/
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

I personally was really impressed with the Yamaha BB series. Just throwing it out there.

Try it out if you can. I know for fact they make them left handed. For a little extra you could try the BB614L. They come in nice colours aswell, (Red, Yellow, Silver and Black). If you're not interested in active electronics, try the cheaper Yamaha BB414L.

Yamaha BB414L

And as everyone has said, also try out the Squier VM series.