Hey

I'm looking at getting a guitar that will play well will metal, preferably in the Drop C to Drop A range. Currently, the one I am looking at is the Schecter Damien B2. I would like everyone's thoughts on this guitar, and a few suggestions on other guitars as well.

My budget stops at around $500, and I am not looking for an amp.

Also, I would like to know, does neck length affect what tuning range the guitar will stay intoned in?
i personally dont care for the b2
if you are interested in a v get a jackson or and esp/ltd
i would recommend a schecter c-1 blackjack
great guitar and in your pricerange
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I'm not exclusively looking at V-necks. In fact, that's the only one I've come across and been interested in that has a V-neck.

$600 for the C-1 Blackjack is cutting it pretty close to the very edge of my price range.

Can you explain the difference between the Seymour Duncan JB/59 and the EMG HZ H4/H4A pickups?
the seymour duncans = passive versatile
emgs = active

i personally prefer passives

actives sound bad on a ss amp IMHO
and scour craigslist
tons of great deals
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by justlivin
the seymour duncans = passive versatile
emgs = active

i personally prefer passives

actives sound bad on a ss amp IMHO
and scour craigslist
tons of great deals

hz are not actives
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
i personally think the SD pickups will be better, but what kind of player are you? Rhythm? Lead?

Good idea to play both, and try both with a strap as I don't know what the balance of the Damien B2 shape will be like, but there is always a chance of neck-heaviness that you won't like. Can't really go wrong with the Blackjack with the SD JB, but that's just my opinion.

As for your scale length q, 25.5 works better with drop tunings because there's more tension on the strings already. Drop A would be horrible on a 25.75" scale unless you upgraded to really thick string guages. Drop A in a 25.5 would still require 12's and 4 trem springs i think..