11 50%
Dean ML (or whatever like that)
1 5%
Fender Strat HSS
12 55%
Buy better pickups
3 14%
Voters: 22.
Hey yea so, i was wondering what would be the best guitar to get in the $300-$450 price range. I was thinking of getting a Fender Standard Telecaster, upgrading from my Dean Vendetta. So i really could use some ideas for other guitars, so please respond....
Quote by Solid S/hit
What type of music do you play? What amp do you use? etc.

Standard questions that must be answered when asking about a new guitar.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
this one just get
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
this one just get

Threadstarter is considering a Telecaster and you recommend a Jackson with a FR?

I'll go ahead and suggest the Fender HSS Standard Strat. It's one of the most versatile and well-built guitar in it's price range imo.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Threadstarter is considering a Telecaster and you recommend a Jackson with a FR?

I'll go ahead and suggest the Fender HSS Standard Strat. It's one of the most versatile and well-built guitar in it's price range imo.

you cant stop the inevitable
i went from a les paul to a dk1, you never know
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
Quote by Solid S/hit
What if he plays classical music?

how is a fender supposed to help with that either?
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
how is a fender supposed to help with that either?

Fender owns Jackson...

And not all guitarists become metalheads eventually. That's just dumb to assume that.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Imma go out on a limb, and say that maybe he MIGHT be a metalhead...he is kinda upgrading from a DEAN vendetta(shitty guitar IMO). So im gonna suggest one of the three:

Ibanez RG5EX1(i own one myself, dam good guitar)

Dean Dime-O-Flage(I own an ML myself, also a cheap solution to ur situation)

Fender Strat HSS

BTW fender Doesn't OWN Jackson. Jackson's are mainly used for Metal. Fenders go from mainstream rock to country and blues. Really, its like comparing Red Hot Chili Peppers(fender) to Children of Bodom(Jackson), both good bands, but...not even the same genre.
My guitars:

Ibanez RG5EX1
Eleca Dread Acoustic
Dean ML

My FX: Line 6 Floor POD Plus

In the end, fact means nothing,
its all about perspective
Last edited by hobozach at Nov 9, 2008,
I have to agree, mexican fender strat (HSS) is pretty damn sexy and versatile. Pretty smooth neck and decent action out of the box. If you find it lacking after a couple years (like i am right now) just get new pickups that costs 50-70 bucks a pop . If'n you want some more balls than the not so hot humbucker is that comes with it, get a seymour duncan sh-5 or sh-4 (JB model) for $75 U.S. Or if you want that old iron maiden sound I think they used a DiMarzio distortion pickup for around $70. They're $399 (with hotter pickup its close to your range lol) its versatile for blues, jazz, rock, classic rock, and hell even some metal with the right amp or effects pedals.

If you want i could record some cheezy sound clips for you through my marshall mg30dfx (solid state) with my mexi strat
Quote by hobozach
BTW fender Doesn't OWN Jackson. Jackson's are mainly used for Metal. Fenders go from mainstream rock to country and blues. Really, its like comparing Red Hot Chili Peppers(fender) to Children of Bodom(Jackson), both good bands, but...not even the same genre.

ORLY?

You're gonna tell me Kramer isn't owned by Gibson too?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by hobozach
Imma go out on a limb, and say that maybe he MIGHT be a metalhead...he is kinda upgrading from a DEAN vendetta(shitty guitar IMO). So im gonna suggest one of the three:

Fender Strat HSS

Fender does own jackson, LITERALLY.

Fenders can play metal, punk, pop rock, hard rock, blues, country, grunge, classic rock, blues rock, indie, pop-punk, hardcore, metalcore, etc....

Jackson can play metal.

There's the difference right there.

edit : I suggest this sexy peice of telecaster http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0138602309 ...but only if you can raise your budget a little more...You can get them for like 500 bucks used.
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Nov 9, 2008,
^I wouldn't go that far... Jacksons can be pretty versatile if you have the right amp.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
i play some wide variety, blues, rock, classical, grunge, hard rock, and garage.
And i have a Peavey Classic 30 amp, found it off the side of the road, so happy. Anyway yea so please respond again or what not
Last edited by polloboyman at Nov 9, 2008,
so can the strat . Best thing for you to do is head to a guitar shop and hold and feel both. You can also have a guy demo it for you on a similar amp as your own, if they have it. What road did you find it on lol
yea its like my top choice but idk if there are any other guitars that are better in the price range....
also im not really a metalhead, i just had like $120 and i needed a electric guitar for some band i was putting together, the new band im in, my close friend said that either telecaster or maybe go for a cort
Look for some Epiphones and Schecters. Epiphones are somewhat overpriced now IMO, but Schecter's a good brand. And if you decide to get a Mexi Fender, make sure you play that EXACT guitar (not just same model, same exact piece of guitar) before you buy it. That goes with all of these, though.
well yea i know you have to like try out the instrument. Idk about that Dean XL or watever it was called, the shape can really only be played standing up confortably, i tried on in guitar center once.
if your willing to spend 50 bucks more (think they're $499) the PRS SE guitars are pretty nice. Only problem I have with them is the 3 position switch, vs the 5 in the strat. But dual humbuckeys are nice too ...can always coil tap 'em later
Quote by aznrockerdude
Fender owns Jackson...

literally

but yeah TS the tele would be good as long as your not trying to play metal, id also check out the HSS mim strat, both great guitars.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
well here's my mexican strat factory on my marshall MG30DFX using the neck pickup:

clips here

lol don't rip me too badly. My only prob and the reason im switching out the pickups is because its not warm enough, not like my gibson sg special (490T/490R) which just growls at kitty cats

oh yea slight reverb
Quote by aznrockerdude
Fender owns Jackson...

And not all guitarists become metalheads eventually. That's just dumb to assume that.

Fender absolutely sucks. No versatility in terms of playing style, and those trems can't hold a tune. They are the worst guitars on the market.
Quote by tehguitarnub
Fender absolutely sucks. No versatility in terms of playing style, and those trems can't hold a tune. They are the worst guitars on the market.

just look at your username, if nub means noob then id say it fits you pretty well. So many things were wrong with that short statement you just made.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by tehguitarnub

Wait, what?

1) No versatility? You're saying Eric Clapton and Iron Maiden have the same sound? There are also so many more examples han that.
2) The trem is a vibrato bar, not an OMGZ0RZDIVEBOMB locking trem. It has its purpose, you're just overabusing it beyond what it's meant for.
3) Fender does not suck.
idk if i should get a strat, i played a similar stratocaster that Cort made and every time i would hit the pick up selector and it was just very annoying... so really a jackson, any chance they are good for like just rock n roll
Quote by hobozach

Fender Strat HSS

why would fender by a company that competes with them well epiphone and gibson are another story that happended 50 years ago

and NONONONONONO FENDERS are amazing and jackson isnt a versitile brand a HSS can do metal kinda so fender is really your good or your good
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Quote by hobozach

Fender Strat HSS

Statement that started the epic failure.
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR
Quote by Felttoaster
and NONONONONONO FENDERS are amazing and jackson isnt a versitile brand a HSS can do metal kinda so fender is really your good or your good

And that sentence makes you just as bad as hobozach.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
literally

but yeah TS the tele would be good as long as your not trying to play metal, id also check out the HSS mim strat, both great guitars.

Doesn't Jim Root play a Tele???? In my opinion as far as style of music,the guitar is only part of it.Your amp has alot to do with it.And don't for get pedals.

http://www.fender.com/products/otherbrands/
Last edited by Strat-agist at Nov 12, 2008,
i use a Peavey Classic 30 amp for like the 3rd time lol. I really dont use pedals not really a need
i have a discontinued model of a mexican fender fat strat and i play in a melodic metalcore band and it kicks some ass, and i also use it for my schools jazz band, so i can tell you it is versatile
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal