Alright I finally narrowed my choices for a guitar amp to three. They are the new Bugera 6260 stack, the B-52 AT-100 stack, and finally the Peavey Valveking. I have played both the Valveking and the B-52, but I have yet to get my hands on the Bugera. Ive read some reviews and seen some reviews of the Bugera on the internet and they seem like really good amps. I like the Valveking, my friend has it and I think it sounds really sweet. I love the clean channel on it, but the B-52 has some sickening gain. The overdrive channels on the B-52 can definitely suit my needs and then some. I play stuff like Guns n' Roses and Aerosmith. Then I also like to play some bluesier stuff like Clapton and John Mayer. Im also getting a knack to put some Oasis in the mix. So what do all you think would be the best for me? Price range is right around all of these three and Im looking for a cab with preferably Celestion Vintage 30s but will take whatever I can get. Please help me out thanks.
if you want the gain sound of Aerosmith and GNR, go british voiced. if you need more wattage than that for bedroom practice or light jamming, then maybe a blackheart handsome devil or peavey classic 30. i'm fond of the blackheart amps and really love the tone of mine. it's great for aerosmith and GNR, and blues. but if you need to have cleans at higher volumes, go with a classic 30.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
If you like the B-52, go for it man. I doubt you'll like any of the Bugeras more anyways. The only Bugera I could think of you liking is the 333XL. The 6260 doesn't sound too great when you roll the gain down unless you're playing really loud.

If you want a bang for your buck cabinet, check out Avatar cabs.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It doesn't sound to me like either of those amps would suit you. They are hi-gain american voiced amplifiers. I think a Peavey Classic 30 with an overdrive, or a Traynor YCV50 would be much better suited to your needs
Sounds like a Peavey Classic 30 would suit you best. I played one and was able to get a good Joe Perry tone out of it. I walked away from it because it didn't have enough gain for what I play the most of (Metallica).
I dont need more choices just tell me which of the three that would suit me best.
marshall vintage modern halfstack. the cab has greenbacks which i think will suit you more, and the head is great for you, the cleans are excellent and the overdrive is smooth ballsy and fluid. if you want to do metal to then buy a big muff or something. but i think that thats the best amp for you. look used too.
Just going off the bands you listed I would agree with Slash_rocks and Highway. and coryklok. The heaviest thing you have is guns and roses. Valveking can do all of that obviously but not as good as a Classic 30. Can you look for used amps off craigslist?
Quote by Roedy0309
I dont need more choices just tell me which of the three that would suit me best.

They won't suit you well so we are trying to give you better options.

Fact: Someone wanting to play Aerosmith and GnR won't want a hi-gain American voiced amp. They will want a mid-high gain british amp like a Traynor YCV50 or a Sovtek Mig60. Trust us on this.
Quote by Roedy0309
i dont like the marshalls i have a combo right now that i cant stand

Is it tube? If it isn't then you should look into a tube Marshall combo.....THE amp to get really for GNR if you have the means. (Although the Peavey Classics are awesome too.)

If it is tube, though, and you don't like it for getting a GNR tone....you're in the wrong forum to say the least.
'Cause I have done it before and I will do it some more....
yea, MG or valvestate Marshalls DON'T compare to the tube counterparts. whole different ball game there.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
The bugera's sound much better than the valveking or b-52 amps. Especially the 333xl. It sounds like a much more expensive amp than it is. Has a damn good clean channel and a tone of gain on the lead channel. Crunch channel will get ya classic rock tones. the 6260 isn't quite as versatile but has that 5150 type tone. The 333xl is more like the jsx and similar to a rectifier tone. Actually can saturate the gain easier than the 6260.
The amount of praise I hear for the 333XL is pretty astonishing. The 6260 is more for metal, the 333XL would suit you better. It's a bit more expensive, but from what I've heard it's worth it.

The Valveking is a decent amp but the Bugera is just plain better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_MUWSiPRiM&feature=related

The cleans end around 3:15 btw.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
the 333xl does metal just as well. It's just a different sound. I used to prefer it over my 5150 but im back to my 5150 nowadays. But I still like it more for playing lead on a recording. It's more of a smooth gain. reminds me of a rectifier. The 5150 is a different monster. And the 6260 is similar to that.
^

What caused you to start using the 5150 more? What aspects do you prefer in comparison to the 333XL?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by BHowell
Is it tube? If it isn't then you should look into a tube Marshall combo.....THE amp to get really for GNR if you have the means. (Although the Peavey Classics are awesome too.)

If it is tube, though, and you don't like it for getting a GNR tone....you're in the wrong forum to say the least.

i have a marshall dsl401 amp and i dont like it at all