Hey guys wassup... Can u help me please.. I wanna now which guitar is better for playing avenged sevenfold, trivium, bullet, and all that stuff... I wanna play divebombs, etc etc..

So what do u recommend me to buy... dean jackson or ltd??

thanks

You can play any music with any guitar. My advice would be to try em all and decide what fits you best.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
i hate these threads. any guitar can play any style it depends on the guitarist. the divebomb parts only require a tremolo which all three have. all you are asking is which is our favorite of the three, which is pointless.

go out and try some. then tell us how you thought of them.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by Scumbag1792
Dive bomb stuff I'de say Dean but as as a whole I like LTD's more. And Birchall he didn't say ESP he said Jackson... If ESP was an option then ESP all the way

I know he said Jackson, But ESP/LTD are the same company, like Epiphone to Gibson.
drivium use deans, but you need to spend alot to get the good ones, jackson are better for a lower price than the others and dont bother with ltd.
Of those I'd recommend Ltd, but if you have the money for it, I would go ahead and get an Esp. They're the same company but higher quality.
LTD and ESP is the same company just like Gibson and Epiphone there is no real difference but i like Deans better
Quote by Birchall17
I know he said Jackson, But ESP/LTD are the same company, like Epiphone to Gibson.

Not exactly, LTD's are still made under the ESP name. . . . Besides that, I don't see many Epiphones that run 1k USD or many Gibson's that run 3k USD. LTD aren't bad guitars, hahaha, I used to play PRS, Gibson and Ibanez before my decision to go to LTD's.

But now I think I am going back to Ibanez or maybe some new brand, as long as I can get a Stealth style body with decent specs.

for TS: Dean's and jackson's really aren't that great, ESP and LTD products are very nice generally though.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Go for a Horizon FR-II. Played one not to long ago. It can do some pretty sweet divebombs.
yeah i know what you mean gibson makes there guitars able to last long and epiphone is used with the cheaper stuff that gibson gets like the epiphone les paul comes with all the stuff gibsons does but it's how you say lighter toned.. as for ibanez they are go my first guitar was one and i still have it. and all the brand names are more what style of music you want metal is dean blues is more gibson and fender is more country so brand name doesn't really matter its just what you want to play.
Quote by mid3vil
and all the brand names are more what style of music you want metal is dean blues is more gibson and fender is more country so brand name doesn't really matter its just what you want to play.

Uhm, no. I play metal on my Fender all the time. I play blues on my Jackson all the time. Your fingers make the music, not your guitar.

Again, it doesn't matter what your headstock says, you can play pretty much anything on any guitar.
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
As for Beberasmus: Avenged plays Schecter, Trivium plays Dean, & Bullet plays ESP or LTD same company.... i've played all 3 brand names and i like the divebombs on Syn Gates Schecter. On the Deans i like Taping and ESP and LTD having a slide sounds alot smoother
Quote by Garou1911
Uhm, no. I play metal on my Fender all the time. I play blues on my Jackson all the time. Your fingers make the music, not your guitar.

Again, it doesn't matter what your headstock says, you can play pretty much anything on any guitar.

I'm not saying you can play different styles of music on them but the companys are more known for making guitars basic on styles of music.. i love my telecaster and when my friends come over they say country guitar but i always tell them to look at jm of Slipknot theres nothing country with this tele
Quote by mid3vil
I'm not saying you can play different styles of music on them but the companys are more known for making guitars basic on styles of music.. i love my telecaster and when my friends come over they say country guitar but i always tell them to look at jm of Slipknot theres nothing country with this tele

That's my point to TS. Who care's what people associate them with. Play what you're comfortable with and what you like.
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
The lower end LTDs suck, but the higher end ones rival the ESPs in playability--be prepared to spend over $700.

If you want to play A7X, you may want to also consider Schecter guitars, especially their Synyster Gates model--forget about the Zacky models--he doesn't use whammy bars.

The whammy is important because A7X whammy work drops 10+ steps and sometimes goes totally slack, and goes up 6 steps. My MIA standard strat's whammy only goes up about 1 step and my Squier won't go up at all without seriously altering the factory setup.

You're also going to need a Digitech Whammy or one of their multi-effects pedals for A7X--half the solos go up an octive and some go up two.

Another thing to know is A7X uses 'skinny top, heavy bottom' strings, so the top three are like 10s, but the top three are like 11s, so you would need truss adjustments to accomodate, and some of the cheaper guitars can't handle the thicker strings. This configuration helps out keeping more tension on the low E for the drop d tuning used in most (if not all) A7X songs.

The player is more important than the guitar for the most part, but you definitely can't play every note from A7X on a 21 or even 22 fret guitar since occasionally they hit that 24th fret (with the octave pedal going) and you definitely need a more capable tremolo system than comes on Garou1911 or my MIA strats.

I don't know if Trivium or Bullet wring out their guitars like Syn Gates, but you probably can't go wrong with his Schecter and it costs less than an MIA Strat.
Quote by Garou1911
That's my point to TS. Who care's what people associate them with. Play what you're comfortable with and what you like.

and i agree with you. thats why i got my tele it just feels right in my hands. I really don't care about what style you play its most about how you feel while playing. if you want to add something to the guitar like a whammy do it your self or request it in the custom shop.... love doing divebombs on my tele
Quote by jetwash69
The lower end LTDs suck, but the higher end ones rival the ESPs in playability--be prepared to spend over $700.

I don't know if Trivium or Bullet wring out their guitars like Syn Gates, but you probably can't go wrong with his Schecter and it costs less than an MIA Strat.

LTD's don't really suck they are just the cheaper ESP guitars... and i agree with the Avenged guitar Gates is the best choose for Divebombs but if you like their first CD Gates didn't like the dive. he picked it up after watch the Pantra Dvd and watched Dean Smoke as he Went into a Dive. Pretty cool stuff.

As for the Trivium they are out buy pretty sweet guitars both have great diving and Bullets ESP and LTD they don't have dives so thats out the question if you want dives
how about an Ibanez???
My guitars:

Ibanez RG5EX1
Eleca Dread Acoustic
Dean ML

My FX: Line 6 Floor POD Plus

In the end, fact means nothing,
its all about perspective
thanks guys, mmm but I asked that cause I want a cheap guitar less than $700 and I want it to play metal and stuff like divebombs etc etc
Quote by beberasmus
thanks guys, mmm but I asked that cause I want a cheap guitar less than $700 and I want it to play metal and stuff like divebombs etc etc

$700 can buy a whole lot of guitar. "Cheap" would be more like $80 - $120. Like I said, you'll be the one sitting down with it, so the best thing you can do is play as many as possible and find one that suits you. We can throw suggestions but at the end of the day you're the one who'll be spending hours upon hours with it. Take your time, shop around, and make an educated decision. You'll thank yourself for it.
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
While you are shopping around, try some LTD M and MH models, Schecter C1 models and maybe some Dean Razorbacks and such, just see what fits you, but I suggest the M and MH models because those things are within your price range and very nice.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
...HOW ABOUT AN IBANEZ

seriously? no one has suggested Ibanez yet? dam...
My guitars:

Ibanez RG5EX1
Eleca Dread Acoustic
Dean ML

My FX: Line 6 Floor POD Plus

In the end, fact means nothing,
its all about perspective
i got an alexi-200 (LTD) for cheap and i am totally satisfied with it. all you need to do is swap the stock pickup for a better one
Ibanez sorry ive always had a love for Ibanez Guitars
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor