Wood would be taken out of a guitar to convert it from hardtail to a double-locking trem system, such as a Floyd Rose? Would it kill tone?
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
probably more than the guitar is worth
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Some advice if your thinking about actually doing it: Sell your guitar and buy a new one
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Well, I think you have to have a thicker guitar, like 1 and 3/4" I do believe for a floyd. I think there are some dimensions out there if somebody would post them instead of persuading you to buy another guitar because they don't know the answer.

It won't kill tone, look how many great sounding guitars have Floyd Roses on them...
if you don't want to do to much routing get a kahler. then you won't to have to route the back
also its not true about kahlers not being good. my dad has an esp/ltd jeff hanneman 200 with a kahler and it dominates my floyd rose any day.
Last edited by Goodtimes666 at Nov 9, 2008,
Quote by ohspyro89
Well, I think you have to have a thicker guitar, like 1 and 3/4" I do believe for a floyd. I think there are some dimensions out there if somebody would post them instead of persuading you to buy another guitar because they don't know the answer.
It won't kill tone, look how many great sounding guitars have Floyd Roses on them...

wrong many people are suggesting a new guitar because of how much money it would cost to have a floyed put in
also it would kill the tone a bit
thoose great guitars with floyds were designed to have a floyd they are ment to sound that way
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!