basically im re wiring my RG1527 with all new pots and switches, and i have a few questions ....

1. i keep seeing strat 5 way switches and i cant find any others , will these fit in an RG ?

2. CTS or alpha which ones ?

3. is there anything extra i need to buy to coil split ?

4. any favoured brands ? or know where i might be able to get a kit from in the UK ?

im electronics noob if you hadnt noticed
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
1. I think RG's use a 5-way switch, so yes. Just to check, 5-way switches use a slot, 3-way use a hole, like a pot.
2. Alpha pots are great.
3. Push-pull pots.
so are all 5 ways the same ? the distance between the screws is the same on them all ?

and are alpha and CTS just brands ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
All 5 way switches (strat style) that I have bought are the same size with screws in exactly the same place. Isn't the RG1527 HH configuration??? if so, you need a 3 way switch, unless you have something else planned that you haven't mentioned - a Telecaster switch is probably going to be the right size. That'll give you neck, bridge or both. (if it's not HH, then ignore that I'm no Ibanez expert!)

CTS and Alpha are brands, I'd go with CTS, but Alpha pots are equally good.

For a coil split, you'll need either a push pull pot, so a pot that has a switch built in, or a small DPDT switch.

In the UK, probably the cheapest place that you can get good quality parts is www.axesrus.co.uk - all their prices include postage, and I'd highly recommend them - usually the stuff arrives next day if you order before lunch.
the 5 way was for splitting instead of using a push pull, i think thats the way they were origionally wired so im just going to stick with that, thanks ALOT mark_wuk thats a really big help i appreciate it
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT