Been playing for about 2 years. But I never had a floyd rose style bridge till yesterday. And i kept hearing things like "double locking tremelo", and never really thought about it. My guess is that when u bend down, u can sort of 'lock' it where its at. am i right? if so or not so, how do u "lock" it and y would u?
My guitars:

Ibanez RG5EX1
Eleca Dread Acoustic
Dean ML

My FX: Line 6 Floor POD Plus

In the end, fact means nothing,
its all about perspective
no... you can lock the strings to a tuning. when you change the strings, you do the first part of the lock when you close the strings into the bridge, the second part of the lock is when you tune it and then tighten the locking nut so that the tuning you have is... well... locked...
ok
thx for the clarification
My guitars:

Ibanez RG5EX1
Eleca Dread Acoustic
Dean ML

no they mean the nut is a little metal piece that you lock with an allen wrench so that when you use the tremolo it doesnt go out of tune.
Smart Pothead and Proud
ok i got it. no need to keep posting
My guitars:

Ibanez RG5EX1
Eleca Dread Acoustic
Dean ML

Quote by randomhero93
no... you can lock the strings to a tuning. when you change the strings, you do the first part of the lock when you close the strings into the bridge, the second part of the lock is when you tune it and then tighten the locking nut so that the tuning you have is... well... locked...

No, it means it locks in two places - the strings lock into the bridge and there's also the locking nut, hence "double locking".

I strongly suggest you read madpickin03's Floyd sticky before doing ANYTHING with it...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com