I really don't know much about it. If a lead guitar was playing over a rhythm guitar would theyhave to be the same tempo?
The tempo is pretty much the speed of the underlying pulse.

If you tap your foot along with the song, the speed at which you tap your foot is the tempo, so yes, the tempo would be the same.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
I've seen people play solos over a rhythm guitar and than speeded up a lot, and the rhythm sounded as if it hadn't moved in tempo.
I'm more so talking about guitar players like Joe Satriani and Yngwie Malmsteen. They sound like they are just playing whatever they like over the drums, bass, whatever else.
Quote by Egaot
I've seen people play solos over a rhythm guitar and than speeded up a lot, and the rhythm sounded as if it hadn't moved in tempo.

That is because the tempo is not changing they are just playing different subdivisions of the beat eg: going from quarter notes to eighth notes, there will be twice as many eighth notes but the tempo is staying the same... This is a very basic thing by the way..
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by Egaot
I'm more so talking about guitar players like Joe Satriani and Yngwie Malmsteen. They sound like they are just playing whatever they like over the drums, bass, whatever else.

Both of them have excellent timing. They are playing in the same tempo as the other instruments.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Thanks for the help.

If I was playing a simple 1,2,3 and 4 rhythm what does the lead guitar play as far as the beat goes?