Ok so hopefully this month i'll be getting my bursary from college, it gets back dated so i'll have about 4/5 payments of atleast £200.

I'm looking to spend about £500-600 of this on a bass amp.
Needs to be loud enough for gigs so would like it to be a half stack and want it to have an eq on it, the kind of eq that has about 8 sliders and not just a knob for lows, mids, and treble.

Have played on a few different peavey amps and didn't like them at all.
Have played on a few different Trace elliots/ ampegs / Ashdowns and they have all sounded pretty good so far, so if anyone has any models of these they can reccomend please let me know, cheers.

- Deek X

P.s. i'm not the best with explaining things so if anything isn't clear, just ask
Bass Player
This is just a heads up and might be useless to you (You said you want a half stack) but there's an Ashdown MAG 300 combo on Glasgow Gumtree going for £150 at the moment. If only I had the money at the moment .
Ah thats awesome, thanks for that. Trying to get a lift to glasgow arranged
Bass Player
Hmm 600 porbably wont get you a good trace or ampeg but it will get you ashdown. in fact with a little bit more you would be able to get an ashdown abm evo 2 500 and a 1x15
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
What sort of tone are you after? How much can you lift?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by fleajr_1412
What sort of tone are you after? How much can you lift?

Tone, its gonna be quite hard for me to explain so i'll just say i play mostly stuff like Biffy Clyro, Nine Black alps, Rueben etc... Weight is not an issue, i'm used to lugging around heavy amps, cabs, heads, moniters and all that.

Cheers
Bass Player
fatgoogle has a good idea about getting Ashdown ones. They are really reliable, but I have only used the MAG series. They will definitely work in gigs.

£600 is about $930 USD.

You could get used. I bought a used cabinets 4x10, a Peavey Tour 4x10 for about $250. It was in great conditions. But I have a new GK 700RB-II head ~ $600. It works in the venues I play in and if needed I would mike it up.

I totally recommend Gallien Kruger, though they can get kind of expensive.